U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 05:53 AM

726 posts, read 927,600 times

Advertisements

I was an outside Rep and worked in another company (client). I had a problem with the client 2 months ago and my district manager told me to make the problem go away.
What the female was doing is calling my company every day for a week and complaining to them about me.
My district manager told me, You need to make this go away.
I called the company and it went away until the other day when this client called my company and told them I am stealing.
Since my boss had told ME to make the other problem with this client go away, I was sure he would tell me the same thing so I didn't call him about it.
I told the female client If she ever called my company again and told them I was stealing I'll call your corporate company, tell them what you are saying about me and then they will fire YOU.

The female told her assistant manager that I threatened to get her fire.
The assistant manager called my district manager and told him she never wanted me in their store again and she wanted a different rep.

My boss fired me for getting kicked out of a store.

Is there anyone here I can sue? I don't want my job back. I want people to pay for them causing me to lose my livelihood.
Is there anything I can do or should I just go on? I don't want to attempt to do anything until I know if I have a leg to stand on.
Appreciate your help.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-18-2019 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Merged two threads on same topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 05:57 AM

6,169 posts, read 2,849,330 times
Contact a lawyer. Libel and slander come to mind against this lady.

Gather your data and have the lawyer see how it could apply to the case.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:33 AM

Thank you for the quick and knowledgeable reply!
I need to get the transcript between this female and the man from my company that she told I was stealing.
Do you know if company's normally give that info? Without it I have no case. Unless I hire a lawyer and he makes them give it up.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:53 AM

9,778 posts, read 16,962,550 times
No, you cannot get a "transcript" of the conversation. You need an attorney who will get statements through deposition. I don't see any case against your former employer. Assuming the woman was lying, I think you have a case against her. You might also be able to go against her supervisor and/employer. You need to go speak with an attorney.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:57 AM

Got it. Thanks!

Old 04-26-2019, 07:00 AM

11,118 posts, read 8,523,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
I was an outside Rep and worked in another company (client). I had a problem with the client 2 months ago and my district manager told me to make the problem go away.
What the female was doing is calling my company every day for a week and complaining to them about me.
My district manager told me, You need to make this go away.
I called the company and it went away until the other day when this client called my company and told them I am stealing.
Since my boss had told ME to make the other problem with this client go away, I was sure he would tell me the same thing so I didn't call him about it.
I told the female client If she ever called my company again and told them I was stealing I'll call your corporate company, tell them what you are saying about me and then they will fire YOU.

The female told her assistant manager that I threatened to get her fire.
The assistant manager called my district manager and told him she never wanted me in their store again and she wanted a different rep.

My boss fired me for getting kicked out of a store.

Is there anyone here I can sue? I don't want my job back. I want people to pay for them causing me to lose my livelihood.
Is there anything I can do or should I just go on? I don't want to attempt to do anything until I know if I have a leg to stand on.
Appreciate your help.
Just curious. If the client was male, would you have used the term "male client" over and over? Some reason you are finding issue with the client's gender?

Old 04-26-2019, 07:18 AM

12,159 posts, read 10,333,551 times
This sounds like a fight not worth fighting. Onward and upward! (not backwards)

Old 04-26-2019, 07:33 AM

7,958 posts, read 9,695,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post

Oh, dear. You weren't fired because she accused you of stealing. You were fired because you threatened your client. You were fired because of your own actions. Go ahead and talk to an attorney, but you have zero case.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:52 AM

17,241 posts, read 10,169,578 times
Move on.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:59 AM

242 posts, read 87,967 times
I'm also in the move on group. As stated above, you threatened your client. No matter how brutal it was to work with her, that was your job. Your manager already showed that he wasn't going to do anything when he told you to make it go away. My advice is to learn from the experience and move on as quickly as possible. You have better things to do with your time than to spend it chasing a willow whisp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment