U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 05:37 PM

941 posts, read 199,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

Why are you rooting around in stolen cars???
One stolen car, it's not a habit.
There was a car parked in the middle of nowhere with the windows down so I went over to see if it was somebody who may need help.
I looked in to see if there was an owner's card and noticed green between the door panel and seat, so I grabbed it.
The last person to exit the car and drop money was the person who stole it. If I didn't take it, the first cop there would have.
I gave my dad eighty, I'm not greedy.

Last edited by Indiana Tony; 04-28-2019 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 6 days ago)

9,445 posts, read 3,628,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
There was a car parked in the middle of nowhere with the windows down so I went over to see if it was somebody who may need help.
I looked in to see if there was an owner's card and noticed green between the door panel and seat, so I grabbed it.
The last person to exit the car and drop money was the person who stole it. If I didn't take it, the first cop there would have.
How lovely.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 15 days ago)

10,452 posts, read 14,303,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You admitted your store has a policy requiring people to turn the money in. The store policy isn't "any money found belongs to the finder."
No, my store has a policy on handling found money. There is no policy that says the money is required to be turned in. The employee is free to turn it over to the police or to keep it if they choose. Although if it turns out the money came out of a register and fell to the floor it probably wouldn't look good that an employee found and kept it.
Considering I had to handle 'found money' this morning I am VERY familiar with exactly what the policy states.

And actually, the store policy is that the money belongs to the finder if not otherwise claimed, holding it for several weeks basically is a means of enabling the original owner to claim it if they realize they lost it. The policy pertains to the stores actions when money is turned in, not the actions of the employee that finds the money.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:47 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 6 days ago)

9,445 posts, read 3,628,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Not only did she keep it, according to her she spent it!

Old 04-28-2019, 05:49 PM

941 posts, read 199,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
How lovely.
And what exactly is wrong with that? A cop deserves it more than me?

Again: What would you do if you found a fifty dollar bill at a large stadium?

Old 04-28-2019, 06:29 PM

18,843 posts, read 7,324,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
So*i came into work and before i clocked in i bought something to eat. My coworker was ringing me out and i was scrounging for change in my purse becasue i didnt want to break the bigger bill since im getting my car fixed. Well when i looked down, i saw 100 bucks on the ground so i grabbed it. I thought for a few secs and then kept it. My coworker was*looking down while filling out my stickers but idk if its the paranoia or was she playing it off and was testing me. Either way the camera will show i was looking down and digging in my purse and then i was gathering my things. So it kinda looks like i was picking up something that couldve fell out of my purse.

But im still scared and felt like i shouldve just turned it in. But finders keepers smh. I was basically a customer because i wasnt even clocked in yet. Its not like i took from the register or*behind it. I would never do*that.
No sympathy from me, if your store fires you.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:43 PM

6 posts, read 1,021 times
How did things go for you, Cherryblossomm? I hope all worked out ok.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:16 PM

27 posts, read 11,898 times
@julie73

I showed up to work last night, there was just something in the air. I called off tonight though.

My boss doesnt come back until tuesday. If Im being fired, I dont want to wait until then. If evidence is found, shouldnt the firing happen immediately?

Old 04-28-2019, 10:28 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,854,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
@julie73

I showed up to work last night, there was just something in the air. I called off tonight though.

My boss doesnt come back until tuesday. If Im being fired, I dont want to wait until then. If evidence is found, shouldnt the firing happen immediately?
Look for another job.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 2,333,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I gave my dad eighty, I'm not greedy.
Wow so you're edgy.....

You and your dad seem like great people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment