U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 08:42 AM

27 posts, read 11,898 times

Advertisements

Thanks @ rep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 08:47 AM

3,811 posts, read 1,970,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie73 View Post
Hey, we all need to be encouraging! She's going through a stressful time and everyone is so negative towards her. Let's give her some positive vibes.
She stole $100. I refuse to encourage that type of behavior just because she's stressed over it. Apparently she isn't stressed enough to fess up and return the money.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:02 AM

2,292 posts, read 2,675,344 times
Default Unbelievable justifications for stealing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
The wife and I were walking in the Chinatown section of Philadelphia a few years back and I noticed a coffee cup with green under it sitting on top of a dumpster next to a restaurant. Upon further inspection, I saw it was cash. We debated what to do for a moment.
I told her to guard it while I knock on the kitchen door to ask the guys working there if one of them forgot it and I was yelled at to 'go away!' I immediately tell her 'grab it!' as others were starting to notice it. She does - $34, which paid for dinner.
Are we now thieves?
I found $100 at the bus stop on my corner. I found $200 between the door panel and seat of a stolen car that was around the corner from my house. Probably belonged to the car thief ...
Yes, you absolutely are thieves.

Quote:
That's right.

Don't get me wrong - if I knew who lost it, I'd return it. But there's no way I'm turning money over to a manager.
I wouldn't return money to a bank or a big corporation, either. Yes, I'd 'steal' it.

Finding money somewhere and not knowing the origin, is not 'stealing.' I don't care what the law says.
Quote:
One stolen car, it's not a habit.
There was a car parked in the middle of nowhere with the windows down so I went over to see if it was somebody who may need help.
I looked in to see if there was an owner's card and noticed green between the door panel and seat, so I grabbed it.
The last person to exit the car and drop money was the person who stole it. If I didn't take it, the first cop there would have.
I gave my dad eighty, I'm not greedy.
Really? You saw the windows down in a car and wanted to see if you could "help" someone, but you ended up stealing money instead. If you were really trying to help someone, there's no way that you knew that car was stolen when you stole the money. Your scenario is no different than if you saw someone's front door open, so you decide to go in and see if someone needed help, but you saw money sitting on a table or wherever, so you decided to steal it.

Also, you have no idea who's money that was. It very well could have belonged to the person who had their car stolen. You said that the car was in the "middle of nowhere" and also that it was also around the corner from your house. I guess you live in the middle of nowhere?

Quote:
Wasn't trying to be 'edgy,' was trying to see if somebody needed help.

What should I have done? You tell me.
And what does my dad have to do with it? I found the money.
You sure have an odd way of helping people - stealing money from a car that was NOT yours! And what your dad has to do with it, is that you shared your stolen money with him. What you should have done, is nothing! You should have left the money where you found it - in someone else's car!

Quote:
Hey, we all need to be encouraging! She's going through a stressful time and everyone is so negative towards her. Let's give her some positive vibes.
Why should we encourage her and give her positive vibes for stealing money? Oh, the poor dear -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
She stole $100. I refuse to encourage that type of behavior just because she's stressed over it. Apparently she isn't stressed enough to fess up and return the money.
Exactly!

Old 04-29-2019, 09:18 AM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 6 days ago)

9,440 posts, read 3,628,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Y
Really? You saw the windows down in a car and wanted to see if you could "help" someone, but you ended up stealing money instead. If you were really trying to help someone, there's no way that you knew that car was stolen when you stole the money. Your scenario is no different than if you saw someone's front door open, so you decide to go in and see if someone needed help, but you saw money sitting on a table or wherever, so you decided to steal it.
This in particular is just so wrong, wanting to help someone and stealing from them instead. I used to hide emergency cash in my car and one night, a thief broke in my car and stole it. The police caught him and gave the money back to me. It was only $20 but I was grateful to have it back, at least. It's a shame people go around looking for opportunities to steal money out of cars.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:33 AM

5,405 posts, read 2,330,862 times
Quote:
Wasn't trying to be 'edgy,' was trying to see if somebody needed help.

What should I have done? You tell me.
And what does my dad have to do with it? I found the money.
Oh I don't know....not be a thief? And then not give your father stolen money?

Old 04-29-2019, 09:42 AM

18,836 posts, read 7,324,124 times
Quote:
Stress caused by her dishonest actions.

I am positive the store cameras will uncover what has happened.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:48 AM

2,292 posts, read 2,675,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Stress caused by her dishonest actions.

I am positive the store cameras will uncover what has happened.
I hope so! She's the perfect example of someone who is very sorry - sorry she got caught, but not sorry for what she did.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:09 AM

5,102 posts, read 5,385,884 times
Quote:
One stolen car, it's not a habit.
There was a car parked in the middle of nowhere with the windows down so I went over to see if it was somebody who may need help.
I looked in to see if there was an owner's card and noticed green between the door panel and seat, so I grabbed it.
The last person to exit the car and drop money was the person who stole it. If I didn't take it, the first cop there would have.
I gave my dad eighty, I'm not greedy.
I can understand keeping a small amount of found money, but that ^ doesn't qualify. You took property out of someone else's vehicle. That's the very definition of stealing.

You didn't "find" the money, you took it.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:14 AM

10,062 posts, read 4,015,956 times
Cherry - I'm having trouble following this. Why do you think you've been "told on", and the video has been watched? Is it just a feeling, or did someone tell you this?

Old 04-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 6 days ago)

9,440 posts, read 3,628,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I can understand keeping a small amount of found money, but that ^ doesn't qualify. You took property out of someone else's vehicle. That's the very definition of stealing.
Going through someone else's car and stealing from it is just slimy. It's also categorized as a crime. There could be jail time for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment