Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 18,891 times

Advertisements

So*i came into work and before i clocked in i bought something to eat. My coworker was ringing me out and i was scrounging for change in my purse becasue i didnt want to break the bigger bill since im getting my car fixed. Well when i looked down, i saw 100 bucks on the ground so i grabbed it. I thought for a few secs and then kept it. My coworker was*looking down while filling out my stickers but idk if its the paranoia or was she playing it off and was testing me. Either way the camera will show i was looking down and digging in my purse and then i was gathering my things. So it kinda looks like i was picking up something that couldve fell out of my purse.

But im still scared and felt like i shouldve just turned it in. But finders keepers smh. I was basically a customer because i wasnt even clocked in yet. Its not like i took from the register or*behind it. I would never do*that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 10:44 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,308,069 times
What kind of place do you work at?

If it's a store, they have a rule that any money found on the property, belongs to the store and has to be turned in.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What kind of place do you work at?

If it's a store, they have a rule that any money found on the property, belongs to the store and has to be turned in.
Its a drugstore

Old 04-27-2019, 10:49 AM

But how can the cashier even see the money? She would have to lay on counter or walk from register. And how is it store policy and im not clocked in.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:19 AM

6,404 posts, read 3,887,693 times
So you found a large amount of money that wasn't yours and kept it, and now your guilt is making you think you'll get fired when you have no evidence of same, you post about it here and are bumping it impatiently because 15 minutes later you've not received replies (none of which you're going to like)? Most interesting.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
So you found a large amount of money that wasn't yours and kept it, and now your guilt is making you think you'll get fired when you have no evidence of same, you post about it here and are bumping it impatiently because 15 minutes later you've not received replies (none of which you're going to like)? Most interesting.
No. Im not looking for sugar coated answers. I want the truth. Yes im being impatient because i rather not come in tonight if im getting fired. I know I was wrong and i feel guilty because this never happened to me before. I believe i have evidence because the cashier is looking at me funny now and the other employee that was there is looking at me funny too.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:46 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,193,623 times
Where did you find the money?

Did you find it near a cash register, or manager's office, or someplace where people handle money?

Old 04-27-2019, 11:56 AM

4,241 posts, read 3,686,197 times
What evidence do you have that you will actually be fired? You seem to be feeling guilty about keeping the money, which if it was on the floor near a register, most likely fell out of a customer's wallet.

This all seems immature. What should have happened is you should have said that there was a $100 bill on the ground. Perhaps the other person would have said to keep it, perhaps not. If the register turned up short $100 at the end of the day, then you'd know it came from the register. If a customer dropped it, they might come back in looking for it. If another customer had found it, they might have asked about it or they might have kept it. But that's not what happened, and it's done now.

I don't even understand this.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,308,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
But how can the cashier even see the money? She would have to lay on counter or walk from register. And how is it store policy and im not clocked in.
My mom worked in a drugstore, and it was story policy. She turned in any loose change left around the counter area or on the floor, at the end of her shift. It's also policy for customers, too, they can't keep money they find inside the store. It's technically considered theft, because they are on store property. They are supposed to turn it in. As for, would anyone catch them? Who knows.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:25 PM

6,404 posts, read 3,887,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
No. Im not looking for sugar coated answers. I want the truth. Yes im being impatient because i rather not come in tonight if im getting fired. I know I was wrong and i feel guilty because this never happened to me before. I believe i have evidence because the cashier is looking at me funny now and the other employee that was there is looking at me funny too.
You clearly know you did wrong. So turn it in. It's not your money. You don't know who lost it or whether $100 is a big deal to them (I doubt it's a small deal to anybody) or they had saved up for something specific and possibly important.

Nobody knows whether you're going to get fired except your boss. So go to work tonight and find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment