Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:34 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,658,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
I showed up to work. The vibe is weird but im still cautious and nervous.

I just dont want my time wasted. I dont want to be used for work. Just call and tell me im fired.

I do feel bad for the act not just the consequences. I spent the money on my car repair and i just feel bad that i made a stupid decision. I just dont like the tight mouthed stuff and acting weird. Just be up front.
What if the person you stole from needed that $100 for their kids medication? Or rent, or the electric bill? But hey, eff them, you decided that your car repair was more important, right?

If you truly felt bad about the act of stealing $100 you know doesn't belong to you, you'd make it right. Not come out with, "Oh well, I already spent it, I hope they don't catch me!" That isn't contrition. You aren't any kind of a hero here. I truly hope you wind up with ulcers over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 08:39 AM

35,043 posts, read 31,233,730 times
The thing with money vs. items is that you can give a description of the item and have people give more detail to claim it. Everyone will want money.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:00 AM

938 posts, read 445,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Rationalize all you want, you are still a thief!
How's she a 'thief'? She found money, which I doubt anybody saw.
Personally, if a customer (which is probably who lost it) came back in looking for it, I'd return it. But there's no way I'm turning a hundred dollars over to a manager who's going to tell me "I'll take care of it." then put it in his own pocket (if nobody comes looking for it).
I doubt they check cameras unless there's a reason to.

I would just stay quiet.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:01 AM

27 posts, read 18,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The thing with money vs. items is that you can give a description of the item and have people give more detail to claim it. Everyone will want money.

This is true even though im not trying to make my situation seem less wrong. And i wish the users would stop saying that i am.

I understand when its said its store property but i think that doesnt make sense. No one has reported missing money as far as i know.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:03 AM

27 posts, read 18,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
How's she a 'thief'? She found money, which I doubt anybody saw.
Personally, if a customer (which is probably who lost it) came back in looking for it, I'd return it. But there's no way I'm turning a hundred dollars over to a manager who's going to tell me "I'll take care of it." then put it in his own pocket (if nobody comes looking for it).
I doubt they check cameras unless there's a reason to.

I would just stay quiet.
Im pretty sure the video was checked, especially since i was told on.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
The money also doesn't belong to OP. The store would be better equipped to get the money back to the person it does belong to, as someone else pointed out. It's possible they have a policy that if the money isn't claimed after X amount of time, the person who found it gets it.

It's theft because the money does not belong to OP. Because someone else may come looking for it. Because if you were to drop or lose something, presumably you'd want to get it back, not skip off happily singing a cheerful song about "I guess someone else gets my phone/wallet/credit cards/dog, teehee!"

It's only 'theft' if you know the origin of the lost item.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:13 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,366,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
It's only 'theft' if you know the origin of the lost item.
The origin of the lost item is the store. It was found in the store. The money belongs to the store, period.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
Im pretty sure the video was checked, especially since i was told on.
You'll be fine. Nobody came back looking for their money ... stop listening to those calling you a 'thief.'

Old 04-28-2019, 09:16 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,366,222 times
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-illegal-...oor-in-a-store

"Yes, it is illegal. Depending on the laws in your area, it either still belongs to the person who lost it, or more likely it belongs to the store itself. You have no right to it, regardless of the amount of money."

Old 04-28-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The origin of the lost item is the store. It was found in the store. The money belongs to the store, period.
What a convenient rule ... The manager would have made a quick hundred if she turned it over to him/her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment