Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 07:46 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Glad Oklahoma has lots of these mw jobs.

Yes robots have not replaced all the fast food jobs there. Perhaps in NJ they have. Actually I have spent the past several months in Arizona and traveled across several states. All have lots of MW job openings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 07:58 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Yes robots have not replaced all the fast food jobs there. Perhaps in NJ they have. Actually I have spent the past several months in Arizona and traveled across several states. All have lots of MW job openings.
I am in Ct, work in NYC. More self checkouts, than live cashiers. McD's going to kiosks throughout region. Fewer staff.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:06 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
If you loose something in a public place,there is no way to find out if an employee r a random person picked it up. OP, stop worrying about it, it is over & done. Use it is a a learning experience & decide how you would react next time.
Cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Chances are the next customer would have picked it up if OP didn’t. Like I said she should t have, but simply having automated checkout is not going to mean that some who drops money is going to get it back. It won’t increase the odds of that in the slightest.
Unless the OP picked it up and put it behind the counter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I don't want to. That is on your conscience.
He doesn't have one, clearly... anyway, the whole "I'll get it before a cop" = arrest record. Just another fine, upstanding citizen.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
This makes no sense.

The OP already stated her co-workers may have witnessed the incident and it may be on video. THere is also the possibility that whoever lost the money may report it.
How many days have gone by now? When is this person going to report it? If it did not happen right away or soon after not likely to happen days later. Clearly they either do not know they lost it or do not know where they lost it or just don't care that much. This sort of loss is not the end of the world for everyone like you think it has to be. And if the staff and supervisor are already aware of all of this. What are they waiting for?

What is going on is the OP is feeling something called guilt. I am sure she is analyzing every action by her supervisors do and say and reading way more into it than it is. She is now understanding there are consequences to ones actions. Something that should have occurred before she took the money.

Quote:
There are three possibilities. Given that, she is better getting in front of the situation. Since she is frightened of the consequences of getting fired, it's less likely to happen if she self-reports and gives an explanation. So long as the excuse is plausible, it will most likely be accepted and no harm no foul.
Its not an excuse its a lie. She simply wanted to take the money. No honest explanation in than. And some half baked or insincere explanation will guarantee being fired.

Do you have kids? If so is this how you taught them to deal with making a mistake? Cover up poor judgement with lies?

I grew up differently. First of all I would not have taken the money so none of this would have been necessary but when I have erred in my life I fess up to it. Take whatever consequences come from it as a mature adult.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:36 PM

938 posts, read 446,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post

He doesn't have one, clearly... anyway, the whole "I'll get it before a cop" = arrest record. Just another fine, upstanding citizen.
HAHA! I've never been arrested in my life. Nice try, though.

I don't hate cops, but I'm not foolish enough to trust them with money, either. They're not to be trusted around money or women.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:58 PM

3,144 posts, read 1,600,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How many days have gone by now? When is this person going to report it? My post was the day after her shift. If it did not happen right away or soon after not likely to happen days later. Clearly they either do not know they lost it or do not know where they lost it or just don't care that much. This sort of loss is not the end of the world for everyone like you think it has to be. And if the staff and supervisor are already aware of all of this. What are they waiting for?

What is going on is the OP is feeling something called guilt. I am sure she is analyzing every action by her supervisors do and say and reading way more into it than it is. She is now understanding there are consequences to ones actions. Something that should have occurred before she took the money.

Its not an excuse its a lie. She simply wanted to take the money. No honest explanation in than. And some half baked or insincere explanation will guarantee being fired.

Do you have kids? If so is this how you taught them to deal with making a mistake? Cover up poor judgement with lies?

I grew up differently. First of all I would not have taken the money so none of this would have been necessary but when I have erred in my life I fess up to it. Take whatever consequences come from it as a mature adult.
Well good for you. But you advocate just keeping quite -- quite the moral highground -- your santimonious comments nothwithstanding.

"At this point best to say nothing."

The thread is not about what you would do or how I taught my kids. Please stay on point.

Last edited by Maddie104; 04-29-2019 at 09:44 PM..

Old 04-29-2019, 09:22 PM

203 posts, read 153,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
How's she a 'thief'? She found money, which I doubt anybody saw.
Personally, if a customer (which is probably who lost it) came back in looking for it, I'd return it. But there's no way I'm turning a hundred dollars over to a manager who's going to tell me "I'll take care of it." then put it in his own pocket (if nobody comes looking for it).
I doubt they check cameras unless there's a reason to.

I would just stay quiet.
Agree completely. The OP has done nothing wrong.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,765,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryblossommm View Post
Yes, it is spent. I already had took cash out that day to get my car fixed but the repair didnt happen until the next day because i missed a call. So i already had cash in my purse, i even paid the cashier with cash when i usually pay with a card. Thats why it might look like the money couldve belonged to me as far as the video.

I didnt just stop going, i called off. Im actually off for 3 days, so on tuesday i wont even be there when my boss comes back.
I wouldn't have spent it, let alone take it. I would have given it to the proper channels because it would have been a job risk.

And for the people defending the OP, if she did nothing wrong, then she doesn't have to worry about being fired.

Also, if the OP was paid that day, why did they feel the need to pocket $100.00? Unless I'm reading this part wrong.

Last edited by deposite; 04-30-2019 at 06:17 AM..

Old 04-30-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Well good for you. But you advocate just keeping quite -- quite the moral highground -- your santimonious comments nothwithstanding.

"At this point best to say nothing."

The thread is not about what you would do or how I taught my kids. Please stay on point.
I clearly said that if it was me I would fess up to what happened. But coming from the mindset of the OP who was very afraid of being fired and the options were to make up some story about why they took the money that could easily backfire or simply saying nothing, the second option was the lesser of two evils. But neither would be my choice.

I don't think you come from a place of making moral judgements on others, if what you are suggesting the OP is best to lie about what happened. And I was curious if this is normally what you tell others to do when faced with a moral dilemma. I asked because you are so steadfast that this was the way to handle this sort of thing. I find it very odd.

And I did explain why your suggestion could easily result in the OP getting fired and why it was bad advice for a couple of reasons. As they say two wrongs do not make a right.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:37 AM

27 posts, read 18,953 times
I didnt say i was paid that day. I said i paid the cashier with cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment