Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 07:27 PM

607 posts, read 977,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
And inner managers and supervisors just LOVE being pestered by job hunters.
So what. I once contacted a CEO 12 times to get a convo. Led to an income stream for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nah, you're just venting. You don't agree with the numbers because you profess time and time again you don't understand what they are (which is an index calculated in a consistent manner), or how you are counted, and are upset that they don't align with what in your head says they should say. You also seem to continuously conflate what they indicate as an index with how you want them used, and how others use it, which are different issues entirely.

Continue your venting. Have fun.
The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The U3 is basically accurate given what it sets out to measure. That doesn't mean it's the end-all, be-all number of the health of the labor market.

There are huge problems out there with regard to ageism especially and senior level people finding jobs again. Big disparities between rural and urban areas.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:59 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,751,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveurdream View Post
So what. I once contacted a CEO 12 times to get a convo. Led to an income stream for me.
What, he paid you to GTF out of his office?

Old 05-21-2019, 09:22 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
the unemployment number may be low but the underemployment number may be very high.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
What, he paid you to GTF out of his office?
The opposite dofous.

You must be one of those that ******* and whines because you can't get a job and when you do it's for crap pay.

My system works.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveurdream View Post
The opposite dofous.
Uh, yeah, your inability to write two sentences without three misspelled words indicates you're pretty hot stuff at wowing the C-levels.

I suspect it's more that you've mastered being such a PITA that they'll do anything to get rid of you.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Uh, yeah, your inability to write two sentences without three misspelled words indicates you're pretty hot stuff at wowing the C-levels.

I suspect it's more that you've mastered being such a PITA that they'll do anything to get rid of you.
It's your choice to handle things the lazy way.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:24 AM

Actually, I do know a sure-fire secret get-hired trick.

My best friend in high school, when he was about 20, got up to the 11th floor, eluded a security station and a fearsome secretary, barged into the CEO's office, slammed both fists on his desk, and demanded, "Dammit, Dad, make me a Vice President!"

It worked!

And, of course, this technique should work for anyone. You just have to work at it, you see.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,079,965 times
Quote:
Actually, I do know a sure-fire secret get-hired trick.

My best friend in high school, when he was about 20, got up to the 11th floor, eluded a security station and a fearsome secretary, barged into the CEO's office, slammed both fists on his desk, and demanded, "Dammit, Dad, make me a Vice President!"

It worked!

And, of course, this technique should work for anyone. You just have to work at it, you see.
LOL I'm trying to remember what movie that's from

There's networking with people you actually know, then there are these delusions of grandeur where other posters seem to think you can arbitrarily contact some higher up who doesn't know you and score the job.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
the unemployment number may be low but the underemployment number may be very high.
Yep, the amount of people will to destroy their near new cars for pennies on the dollar to be a taxi cab driver for Uber and Lyft is crazy. Too many people out there are working 50-60 hours a week to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment