U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:53 PM

291 posts, read 223,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The accountant says it is her personality. I have tried to explain that she needs to get faster. I have gotten downright angry. My boss has yelled at her.
What is it that makes some people slow? It is a call center. Speed is a requirement. I canít fit in a third job. Sadly most employees are crap. I am tired of trying to train.
Quote:
To be fair, we are two doors down from the bank and post office. She should have no issues zipping through both in 7 minutes. I had to follow her to work one day and she drove the speed limit, all 12 miles. I pulled in the parking lot and told her I finally understand why she is late every day.
Quote:
He took a stab with this one because I am over writing her up and yelling. I have explained until I am blue in the face.

I would have fired her two weeks ago if I had a body in her place.
Quote:
Truth. We timed her this morning and it took her 7 minutes to get out of her car to even come into work. Meanwhile I can run to the bank, post office, use the bathroom and feed the dog in that time.
Quote:
My sloth is just stupid. I can hear every call she makes because I am next to her, she lacks confidence.
Quote:
We have tried every way possible to get her to pick up the pace. She is a sloth. She reminds me of the sloths in zootopia. She canít handle fast pace.

On the positive we have a new person starting Monday. Hopefully I can get her up and running quickly.
Well hell, I am sure she can feel these ****ty vibes coming from miles away. She probably needs the money and will not quit. I feel sorry for her. Yelling, following to work, timing her walk from the car to the office, demeaning names, WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
When you treat employees like crap, what did you expect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'd rather have a sloth over a jckass.
100% on both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,228,022 times
Quote:
She was eager in the interview. Then a month or two for training, to allow the speed to come. She has peaked I am afraid.

She is the 6th or 7th attempt. They all suck. And when ever we get an applicant with relative experience, they cancel the interview before we even have the opportunity to snag them.
I would wonder if pay is maybe an issue, then. Perhaps you're losing the better applicants to offers that pay more or have better benefits. Or your office could have a bad reputation that they're finding out about when they do some research before the interview.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:39 AM

7,370 posts, read 4,233,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Similar to my job. I've learned more about health insurance in general, and Medicaid in particular (a lot of our clients are in low-cost programs), in the past 6 weeks than I've learned in all my 44 years. We not only have to learn it, we also have to be able to explain it so it makes sense to the caller. We don't have to memorize it, but we need to know how to search for the pertinent info and processing procedures in a huge computer database.
All within 3-5 minutes so you can move on to the next caller. I get it.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You have a thread that says you have had to go find a new entry level job every 3 to 4 years, but you've been here for 15?
I was here 15 years ago. Worked for about 5 when the company was having money and building business issues. I bounced for a few years until I landed the government job. At that point the owner asked me to come back. I have been back around 2 or close to two years now. I will try to stay here until retirement.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Also she left a government job 3 or 4 years ago, to work for IOUs, unless her daughter was in the hospital. I was thinking about that too OP, you never mentioned a government job before. You worked in a warehouse, and then as a receptionist away from all your coworkers. Doesn't make sense.
My last job was the government job and I was an administrative assistant.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
Well hell, I am sure she can feel these ****ty vibes coming from miles away. She probably needs the money and will not quit. I feel sorry for her. Yelling, following to work, timing her walk from the car to the office, demeaning names, WTF?!

100% on both
Yesterday I asked her to call two customers and it never happened, she was only there until lunch when she had personal drama through snap chat and had to leave.

She is a terrible fit for what she needs and she has done zero to attempt to do what is needed. She will probably be without a job within the next two weeks. Unless she finds away to accomplish the job.

I have 3 techs today with only enough appointments for two of them. That is directly because she was not on the phone calling customers due and booking appointments. Totally not acceptable.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:47 AM

4,280 posts, read 1,580,604 times
Quote:
All within 3-5 minutes so you can move on to the next caller. I get it.
I've never had a call that lasted a mere 3-5 minutes. My longest calls have lasted over an hour. It can take 30-45 minutes to process a brand new application, depending on the number of people in the household, and if the person qualifies for a Managed Care Plan or Essential Plan, or their child qualifies for Child Health Plus, you need to help them pick out a plan. If you are dealing with a full-pay Qualified Health Plan or QHP with Advance Premium Tax Credit (with or without Cost Sharing Reduction, which requires at least a Silver-level plan), plan selection is even more detailed, because you are doing cost comparisons for premiums as well as comparisons on other factors. I haven't dealt with QHP selections in depth because, unless the person has a Qualifying Life Event that would entitle them to a Special Enrollment Period, they can only renew, or enroll if they are newly qualified, during open enrollment, and that's not until the end of the year.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:26 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,213,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Also she left a government job 3 or 4 years ago, to work for IOUs, unless her daughter was in the hospital. I was thinking about that too OP, you never mentioned a government job before. You worked in a warehouse, and then as a receptionist away from all your coworkers. Doesn't make sense.

She was in some ammunition related job, while being with one guy for several years, while having several come and go within the same period. Amazing.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:05 AM
gg

17,946 posts, read 18,272,872 times
Quote:
So I manage a plumbing company. Besides myself, we have two call center employees. One is very part time by her choice. She leaves every day for a few hours. She has been here for years.

The other has been here about 6 months. She is a sloth. S...l....o...w.... in everything she does. I move really fast all the time. I actually do two positions in 40 hours. I can answer 4 calls to her one. I fly to get lunch and zip back. She takes forever. I guess it is her personality. I donít have time for it... we are hiring a replacement. Well thatís the plan. So far every scheduled intervyhas been a no show or cance.

The accountant says it is her personality. I have tried to explain that she needs to get faster. I have gotten downright angry. My boss has yelled at her.

What is it that makes some people slow? It is a call center. Speed is a requirement. I canít fit in a third job. Sadly most employees are crap. I am tired of trying to train.
Remember one thing. We are living in good times and those good times will adjust because that is just normal in economies. When it comes time for people to get fired to thin the herd, you will keep your job and they won't. That time is coming, but never panic about it. Things have a way of turning good again.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:36 AM

11,936 posts, read 21,556,888 times
Quote:
You have no idea how much goes into plumbing. Designing flow charts would be a full time job for me. Just take a look at how many faucets the supply house carries and get back to me...
Wait I thought you said the job was easy to learn and "basic stuff"? At least you're finally admitting it.

Your wage of approx $12/hr for something like this is a joke IMO. Pay should be at least another $5/hr. $12/hr is general high school wage levels here in cheap NC even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment