U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 11:35 AM

22,716 posts, read 28,770,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'd rather have a sloth over a jckass.

I don't want to work with a jerk, but on the other hand I don't want to work with a sloth if all the work they never get around to falls on me. I'm not eager to work with anyone who does 1/3 of their work while I get stuck with 1 2/3 of the work load. (unless maybe I am getting paid twice what they are paid. I'm fine with extra work for extra money)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 04:33 PM

7,370 posts, read 4,232,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
You said you're the manager, you're responsible.

Don't keep blaming her. You know she can't/won't do the job.

And I find it extremely unusual that your plumbing company doesn't have enough work without cold calling. What's up with that? Do they do enough advertising? Have good ratings?

Maybe you could have her do more social media promotion type work since the calling isn't her forte.
We donít do cold calling. She is supposed to call existing customers to schedule their service that is due. Filter changes, salt & supply deliveries, maintenance.

Old 05-18-2019, 04:37 PM

7,370 posts, read 4,232,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't want to work with a jerk, but on the other hand I don't want to work with a sloth if all the work they never get around to falls on me. I'm not eager to work with anyone who does 1/3 of their work while I get stuck with 1 2/3 of the work load. (unless maybe I am getting paid twice what they are paid. I'm fine with extra work for extra money)
Right now I am doing the bulk of all the desk work. It’s not fair to me for her to come in and do nothing. I have never been that way. I hate boredom so always looking for something to do. I just don’t get sitting and doing nothing when there is so much to do.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:33 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 24 days ago)

10,509 posts, read 14,339,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Right now I am doing the bulk of all the desk work. Itís not fair to me for her to come in and do nothing. I have never been that way. I hate boredom so always looking for something to do. I just donít get sitting and doing nothing when there is so much to do.
If you're good on the phone and enjoy it perhaps you should go in another direction and look to hire someone for those other task that don't require quite as much phone work, the invoicing and other bookkeeping task?
I also wonder if the reason for calling this 'call center' work is a way to justify paying lower call center wages? I agree with whoever suggested knocking flower lady down to minimum hours and using the extra money to offer better wages for the other position.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:59 AM

6,860 posts, read 3,727,681 times
Let's break this down:

a. Is she meeting the requirements of the job? Y or N?
b. Are you her supervisor with hiring/firing authority? Y or N?
d. If she is not meeting the requirements of the job and you have the authority, then terminate. If you don't have the authority and are in a management position to recommend termination do so.
e. Spend a little more pay to hire a qualified replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment