Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 02:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'd rather have a sloth over a jckass.

Well, by many metrics, sloths are one of the most successful mammal groups extant today, so I'd agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 02:17 PM

780 posts, read 425,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
When this company was going through a rough patch, I worked for many months on IOU’s. I have been repaid many times over. I am treated wonderfully. Get great bonuses. I have been paid whenever my daughter is hospitalized. It is a very good company to work with.
Oh, yeah, it definitely sounds wonderful.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:34 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Probably. In our system which is poorly designed, you have to type the call notes out in one screen and schedule the call for the tech in another. She manages to get one or the other correct but never both. Today she was scheduling for Friday but kept putting the calls on for today and the techs kept calling wondering why things in completely different areas appeared on their dispatch. It stopped being funny awhile ago.
At this point this is inexcusable. She should definitely know the system by now. She’s either slow and dumb or simply just doesn’t have any interest in the job or care about it at all. She needs to go and so does the old lady so the office can function better.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
She surely knows what you think of her, she's probably stressed out and making mistakes because you watch and criticize every move. 7 minutes to get out of her car you say? How many minutes in the bathroom?

She doesn't want to be you! You have said you have ADD anyway, that may be what makes the difference.

The Sloth Lady wants to be loved and coddled like you do The Flower Pot Lady. Which of the 2 make more money? Don't you think she feels discriminated by that easy going forgiveness for only one?

So lets see: Hostile work environment, glaring favoritism, and 2 bosses for 1.5 employees.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:13 PM

780 posts, read 425,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
So lets see: Hostile work environment, glaring favoritism, and 2 bosses for 1.5 employees.
Add to that: doesn't want to train any one of the nearly 400 applicants, because their experience in food services and other lowly customer service roles are 'junk'. Meanwhile, I've been working for months on IOU's. But I just can figure out why nobody worthwhile wants to work here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-15-2019, 04:20 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Don't worry the sloth will probably be promoted to some high up management position at the company or some other company . Thats usually how it works these days. The crap rises to the top. The filet mignon usually are stuck in the same position for an eternity

Old 05-15-2019, 05:07 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,819,181 times
Amazing. Rule out anyone who might be good, but doesn't have any experience. No wonder you're having issues finding the right fit. FYI, call center is not really a step up from waitress, cashier, burger flipper or bus driver. In my opinion, it's step down because instead of making people happy, you are pissing them off by calling them at inconvenient times.

On top of that, we had a call center in a building I worked in. Minimal bathroom breaks for the employees and constant monitoring and hyper control by the managers. It was really ridiculous. I'm not sure how that was a step up from the jobs you are looking down on above.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:03 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Well, I still haven't received a confirmation as to whether this job takes place in an actual call center, or whether that's just the description being given to the type of work being done. If it's not actually happening in a call center environment that would sure as heck be the first thing I'd change in the job description when looking for applicants. 'Data entry, small friendly environment, willing to train', sounds a lot better than 'call center', and it's going to attract the attention of a different type of applicant.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:32 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Under no circumstances should anyone be yelling at an employee. All of you need to take some management classes.

It's a simple position, it sounds like you are eliminating resumes unnecessarily. All you have to do is make a check list of questions that should be asked.

This place sounds like a poop show.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-16-2019, 05:50 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
At this point this is inexcusable. She should definitely know the system by now. She’s either slow and dumb or simply just doesn’t have any interest in the job or care about it at all. She needs to go and so does the old lady so the office can function better.
That’s what he grand plan. One new one is starting Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment