Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 05:32 PM

9,865 posts, read 14,059,203 times

Advertisements

Your posting history is very telling. Stay or get a new job; I doubt things will change in your perceived environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 05:35 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,687,585 times
OP been off for 7 weeks. In that 7 weeks time has OP looked for, and considered finding a less stressful job? And here I thought my 25 year career was stressful, yet I survived unscathed.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:36 PM

177 posts, read 130,804 times
Very true but that’s not the case with my situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
This assumes that the OP's account is 100 percent accurate, which I simply cannot do just on the face of it. As a manager, I have been on the receiving end of unjustified EEO complaints (none went anywhere because there was never anything to begin with), and they take a lot of time and effort to address. One employee accused me of discriminating against her because of her religion, when I had no idea what it was. Another made an accusation of racial discrimination, when the issue was her blatant insubordination toward her first level supervisor and her unwillingness to perform the duties that we hired her to perform. There are legitimate EEO complaints, but all too often they are the refuge of people who refuse to see their own shortcomings and/or are unwilling to accept correction.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:37 PM

177 posts, read 130,804 times
Quick update : my supervisor manager resigned and left today smh
She been with the company for 18 years and just quit all of a sudden
I also was told the head HR Manager Director has been siting in our team meetings now since I left on leave

Old 05-31-2019, 06:44 PM

9,865 posts, read 14,059,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
Very true but that’s not the case with my situation

Your posting history highlights perceived slights and alleged bullying, yet nothing you even post backs up the claims. For three years you have endured this "horrible" workplace, yet you stayed. And you started over 20 threads asking advice about these perceived slights and alleged bullying. Move on and focus on work, not office politics or your feelings.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:15 PM

29,474 posts, read 22,494,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Your posting history highlights perceived slights and alleged bullying, yet nothing you even post backs up the claims. For three years you have endured this "horrible" workplace, yet you stayed. And you started over 20 threads asking advice about these perceived slights and alleged bullying. Move on and focus on work, not office politics or your feelings.
Best thing to do is to ignore these people. They are never looking for 'advice' and instead just creating the same threads over and over even though meaningful people have given plenty of advice already. It is insulting to those who have shown genuine concern for people like these.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:44 AM

7,986 posts, read 5,360,344 times
Quote:

What would be your advice in this situation, should I go back or should I just resign and don’t look back
Find another job. This one does not seem like a good fit for you.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:33 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,770,626 times
What was the basis for the EEOC complaint?

Old 06-01-2019, 10:43 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,097,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
This assumes that the OP's account is 100 percent accurate, which I simply cannot do just on the face of it. As a manager, I have been on the receiving end of unjustified EEO complaints (none went anywhere because there was never anything to begin with), and they take a lot of time and effort to address. One employee accused me of discriminating against her because of her religion, when I had no idea what it was. Another made an accusation of racial discrimination, when the issue was her blatant insubordination toward her first level supervisor and her unwillingness to perform the duties that we hired her to perform. There are legitimate EEO complaints, but all too often they are the refuge of people who refuse to see their own shortcomings and/or are unwilling to accept correction.
Absolutely 100% agree. The OP may have a legitimate concern, but there also is likely much more to this story than what is described in a couple paragraphs. I noted that he/she did not file the EEO complaint until they were due to go back to work. That seems like curious timing to me.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:00 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,649,921 times
Quote:
I have been on FMLA/STD from work due to job stress for approximately seven weeks due to severe depression and anxiety
July 8 th will be my official return to work day if I do not return to work I will lose my job protection status
And could possibly be terminated . I ve been going back and forth with myself on whether I should or I should not go back if I am unable to find a job by that time . Before I left , it was a lot of drama between my self supervisor and I . She lied on me and put me on a PIP , and So I reported her to HR for bullying and harassment during my three years of working under her

The day I left for leave, I broke down and a nervous breakdown and cried in front of the entire department which by the way was very embarrassing

I filed a case with EEOC a week ago against the company and so now if I go back
things will be very strange and awkward

What would be your advice in this situation, should I go back or should I just resign and don’t look back
See a counselor or therapist. You need to find and address the actual issues. Your behavior at and reaction to your job is a symptom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment