U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 115 times

Advertisements

I was asked to work for a flex. I was told it would be a flexible job and said I was only interested in working a part time job. I was told it is very part time and very flexible. I was told i would work with someone and it wasn’t a hard sale job. I went to training and during the two days was repeatedly told the job takes between 60 to 90 hours a week and I would need to travel to businesses repeatedly throughout the week and I would need to regularly track my activity and there was a mandatory meeting once a week. The training was horrible and the teacher was outright nasty to people who were not aggressive and pushy. As soon as I came back to the person who was trying to recruit me he said that we would have to do what we were told in the training. I told them I did not want a full time job and that I was given false information. I also had to take courses and take an exam. All this was extremely time consuming and confusing. When I told them I was not interested they said that it was fine and I had no obligation to them and they were sorry it didn’t work out. Now I am receiving threading letters that I owe 60.00 and they are going to take me to court if they don’t receive it. I never agreed to anything and was told I had no obligation to them.WHAT IS GOING ON?? This is outrageously!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 03:39 PM

482 posts, read 204,083 times
Nobody is going to sue you for sixty dollars. Look at whatever papers you signed and then decide if you actually owe them the money.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:35 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,966,691 times
Have they paid you for the time you worked?

Old 06-05-2019, 05:02 PM

6,838 posts, read 3,708,603 times
Sounds like a scam. Report it to your local law enforcement. Your $60 isn't much, but when added to all the other victims, can quickly add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment