U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM

7,598 posts, read 2,995,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
people that ask these questions are receptionists for a reason.
if it's so easy to pull that 75k, then the person in question should do it.

maybe the OP can tell the receptionist that in a nice way?

---------------
I do feel for the receptionist though, it's not easy earning a minimumish wage income, which I was also making at one point in my life. I'm currently an exec at a pretty good company, but I work a lot of hours year round with pretty high stress level, not to mention the sacrifices I made to get here. As they say, we all make our own beds...
Yeah, that’s kind of the point of the thread, IMO. The receptionist is behaving entitled and uneducated. She’s “mad at her paycheck” as the OP pointed out. I mean, how could she not know she needs more qualifications in order to get a higher paying job? Some women are like that. Isn’t that the general consensus here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM

737 posts, read 448,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah, that’s kind of the point of the thread, IMO. The receptionist is behaving entitled and uneducated. She’s “mad at her paycheck” as the OP pointed out. I mean, how could she not know she needs more qualifications in order to get a higher paying job? Some women are like that. Isn’t that the general consensus here?
I would say some people are like that. There are male secretaries and many people in general are entitled.

i still do feel bad, regardless of their ignorance. I work with people making a few bucks over minimum wage supporting families, multiple jobs, etc. my company is pretty good in that it encourages promotion from within, and i try to mentor workers that show potential. But in reality, there's only so many supervisor/management spots, and lacking degree and professional experience makes it a lot tougher.

Old Today, 11:03 AM

7,598 posts, read 2,995,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
I would say some people are like that. There are male secretaries and many people in general are entitled.
I would say that, too. Just as I was dating a construction worker/laborer, who asked me: "You get paid more than I do, to sit at a desk and got to meetings?!" Different jobs require different qualifications.

Old Today, 12:03 PM

737 posts, read 448,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I would say that, too. Just as I was dating a construction worker/laborer, who asked me: "You get paid more than I do, to sit at a desk and got to meetings?!" Different jobs require different qualifications.
hah sometimes i wonder that too. i actually hate meetings, but now i spend tons of times in meetings. who works harder, someone who makes a more direct and visible contribution to the company or someone involved in strategic planning and administratuon. i suppose the difference might be that there are way more people qualified to be asecretary than an accountant, and te pay is reflected axcordingly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or