U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:25 PM

247 posts, read 201,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Iíve gone through Sterling for several pre-employment checks. They took about 1-1.5 weeks to complete. No adverse information was reported about me.

They verified:: name(s), social security number, past addresses, educational credentials, places of past employment, felony convictions, and positions held.

If youíre clean, I wouldnít worry.
Awesome, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Do they check all courts in the same county or the closest ones to the address? I am just afraid they take so long searching 20+ courts in each county I lived in, I am sure I won't start on time if that is the case

Old 06-14-2019, 05:51 PM

12,583 posts, read 15,050,467 times
I believe all of the courts in the county are checked. The reason for my statement is that the final report came back from Sterling:: “San Mateo County Criminal Check - clear, no records found”.
It appears that all of the court records in the county were checked.

There’s likely a central database for the entire county. I don’t think in this day and age, that 20+ (or the number of courts in the county) separate databases would need to be checked.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I believe all of the courts in the county are checked. The reason for my statement is that the final report came back from Sterling:: ďSan Mateo County Criminal Check - clear, no records foundĒ.
It appears that all of the court records in the county were checked.

Thereís likely a central database for the entire county. I donít think in this day and age, that 20+ (or the number of courts in the county) separate databases would need to be checked.
Actually, mine came back as clear. What's weird is they checked a court that is not part of the county I lived or worked in.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:54 AM

9,262 posts, read 11,820,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaRgahi View Post
Actually, mine came back as clear. What's weird is they checked a court that is not part of the county I lived or worked in.
Most background checking companies subscribe to consolidator's databases. Those consolidators will receive your information and electronically check all court systems. Those court systems databases will return information they have up to what they can disclose at the time it's checked. Since the information may omit certain minor violations or are not real time updated for public disclosure, background checking companies will also run checks with targeted court systems to check for all available information that is current and up to date. Remember, consolidator's checks are basic electronic sweeps.

So, although all court systems may have been checked, you may see a targeted check for your state or county listed separately as it's the most detailed, accurate and real time up to date. When an unknown court check appears, it's likely the consolidators returned information the background checking company rechecked directly to see if it really is a match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or