U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 06:47 PM

65 posts, read 17,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
My reply signature is

"Thanks,
SC"

I don't mean it and don't really care. We aren't required to do any of that. It just helps me fit in.
Same here. I had an old boss with "Thanks, his name" in his e-mail signature when I got my first corporate job, so I did that as well and continued all through my career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 11:00 AM

1,559 posts, read 405,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Never heard of this. Sounds very weird.
Yeah, it sounds more like a cult and not a place of work.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:04 AM

1,559 posts, read 405,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Do you also have Airing of Grievances?

Perhaps you can make that suggestion and move ahead of your peers by thinking outside the box.
Airing of Grievances. I like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoirV6BbjOg

Old 06-12-2019, 02:50 PM

1,854 posts, read 744,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post
Does anyone else have this at work, where everyone (including managers) huddles to give thanks to someone that helped them during a period of time? It can be daily, weekly, or monthly but for us, it's weekly. We go around and everyone is required to say thanks to someone on the team or someone outside the team. After it's complete, someone sends an email to everyone on the team and includes those who were thanked outside the team noting what was said.
I work in a small business, and thankfully, we don't do extra crap like this. I don't know why anyone would think forced social interaction is a good thing. It'll make me hate the company. Leave me alone to do my work and if I want to thank someone, I'll do it to their face.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:29 PM

30,120 posts, read 16,646,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
My reply signature is

"Thanks,
SC"

I don't mean it and don't really care. We aren't required to do any of that. It just helps me fit in.
I always end a demanding Email like this:

Thanks!
Ringo

So it looks like I'm really enthusiastic about thanking them for providing me what I asked for.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:36 PM

760 posts, read 436,425 times
Lord this crap has started at my job recently. I am a supervisor. I have to try and find something nice to thank each of the employees for each quarter. Honestly, there are some people it is actually difficult to find something to thank them for. Your attendance, production and attitude suck, but thanks for breathing is not really appropriate. However, it's all some have done in a quarter...It's not very authentic or genuine. I think companies are doing this to show employees they are "valued." How about a raise or bonus instead?

Old 06-13-2019, 09:32 AM

120 posts, read 22,566 times
It appears that someone noticed that their child received a participation trophy and thought they could ride coat tales at work.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:48 AM

2,593 posts, read 1,293,823 times
"I'd like to thank Hazel for her discretion regarding Denice's affair with the boss, and Margaret for not hogging the last of the donuts, and Beatrice for finally emptying the ashtray at her desk."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or