U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM

356 posts, read 236,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
It’s why we need strong unions back that will come to the table with sociopathic employers and demand a much better vacation deal. Employers have all the power these days and power corrupts. There needs to be some checks balances again. There is none
I get more vacation, sick and other perks than our union staff. What makes me feel bad is those folks get less and yet they are required to pay union dues even if they don't want the union there. It was UNION that said these folks wold be fired if they didn't pay up not the employer. Kinda makes me think unions are the corrupt sociopaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 09:48 PM

5,247 posts, read 5,165,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Have you ever asked for something other than the standard in an interview?
These are large employers that have set benefits. With my most recent job I was able to negotiate my pay but the benefits were set in stone.

Some of these jobs have been union so there is not even an inch. Not even with salary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment