U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:10 PM

6,192 posts, read 2,860,021 times

Advertisements

As my one employer said:YOU work for us, we don't work with you!!!
End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 02:58 PM

4,835 posts, read 1,537,874 times
Yeah I can understand that. So should I put the therapy on hold for now then maybe, if the job I has, happens to only work one daytime shift?

Old 06-16-2019, 05:29 PM

15,215 posts, read 8,518,332 times
First of all, you may not need to go every week or weekly only for the first few sessions.

And, is there a reason it may take a couple hours? Is there any way you could time it for the end of the day or over lunch? I'm not sure from your work but I guess if you're on a production line there is little flexibility.

So perhaps you can find another therapist or group of doctors with evening or weekend hours - most have them - do you have to see this specific therapist/doctor?

Consider ALL your options - you are thinking kind of narrowly, it seems.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:09 PM

19 posts, read 3,263 times
Can you find a different therapist? I'm sure there are more in your area that have at least one day with later or earlier office hours.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
First of all, you may not need to go every week or weekly only for the first few sessions.

And, is there a reason it may take a couple hours? Is there any way you could time it for the end of the day or over lunch? I'm not sure from your work but I guess if you're on a production line there is little flexibility.

So perhaps you can find another therapist or group of doctors with evening or weekend hours - most have them - do you have to see this specific therapist/doctor?

Consider ALL your options - you are thinking kind of narrowly, it seems.
I was referred to this office particularly, but I can look elsewhere or ask the doctor if there is another office, with different hours.

Well 2 hours in the sense that it would take half an hour to get there from my work about, and then the session is an hour, and then it would take about half an hour to get back.

As for doing it over my lunch, I would a very physical job, and if I don't have lunch, then I don't work near as well, I find, which is the reason to have lunch, to keep up ones energy of course, so I don't think it would be a good idea to do it over lunch. I could eat on the way though, just worried it might distract my driving, but maybe it can work.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:28 PM
Status: "serving a suspended sentence for not being a right winger" (set 22 days ago)

7,329 posts, read 4,449,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I was referred to this office particularly, but I can look elsewhere or ask the doctor if there is another office, with different hours.
Yes, as to the bolded. Your doctor who refered you obviously thinks you could do well with therapy. Dont gi e up because the first therapist has only a few hours he or she sees patients.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:51 PM

Oh okay, well I could just call a different office in on my own, is it worth going back to the doctor for to get his blessing so to speak?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 18 days ago)

10,468 posts, read 14,312,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, well I could just call a different office in on my own, is it worth going back to the doctor for to get his blessing so to speak?
Did your doctor's referral have anything to do with insurance, as in did they maybe check to see that your insurance would cover mental health visits or something similar? If you are self paying completely out of pocket, or if you can self refer then you don't need your doctor's 'blessing'

Old 06-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Oh I was paying out of pocket. I think the referral's just had to do with who the doctor's office knows I thought.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Does your employer have an HR department? I'm not sure of the ins and outs of Canadian labor law, but that's the kind of thing that they can take care of. You tell them that you have a medical issue that requires appointments that are only available during work hours and then you're on the record as having a condition--you're not just missing work.
Oh is it bad as being on the record as having a condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Already? How come?
Make sure to discuss it with your therapist - the inability to hold a steady job and ongoing problems everywhere you work...
What inability to hold a steady job? Do I have than inability? I mean I quit the last job because I was having health problems cause of the bathroom issue they had there, but aside from that one job, do I have an inability to hold a job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or