U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 213 times

Advertisements

[url]https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-17/fourth-industrial-revolution-horizon[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 12:08 PM

10,058 posts, read 4,648,803 times
apparently the prevailing idea is to hold out your hand and get your UBI money so they can sit around on the street corner buying marijuana because people still won't be able to afford rent

Old 06-20-2019, 12:38 PM

8,561 posts, read 3,001,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
apparently the prevailing idea is to hold out your hand and get your UBI money so they can sit around on the street corner buying marijuana because people still won't be able to afford rent
No, no. The working model will be for 80% of humanity to live in the wastelands and battle daily for scraps while those who are worthy will live in armored cities, managing this wondrous Network of Things.

Article is about 50% buzzwords and falls for the idea that 5G is some awesome new advance that will give us all perfect skin and flying cars.

As for the Internet of Things, see "Thing, The (John Carpenter)."

Old 06-20-2019, 05:10 PM

19,868 posts, read 14,217,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Industry4 View Post
I sure hope you don't seriously expect me to click on that link.

And, I hope it's not about AI, because AI is a big nothing-burger.

You've probably used AI. That would be like the self-checkout in grocery stores.

Did the computer scan your items and bag them for you?

No, you did all that. That's how AI works. AI only works when it inter-faces with a human, and the human has to tell AI exactly what to do and how to do it, or nothing gets done very slowly.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:04 PM

1,853 posts, read 713,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

You've probably used AI. That would be like the self-checkout in grocery stores.

No, you did all that. That's how AI works. AI only works when it inter-faces with a human, and the human has to tell AI exactly what to do and how to do it, or nothing gets done very slowly.
As AI expands and gets more sophisticated, it will scan a person's items in a grocery store and bag them. There are no artificial limits to AI and no stopping it. Progress marches on and won't stop just because some people want it to.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

This is why you should have clicked the link and read the article. Theres more to the 4th ID than A.I

Old 06-20-2019, 08:16 PM

2,387 posts, read 683,329 times
The fourth industrial revolution is creating technologies designed to put people out of work.

So the job market will turn from currently ridiculous to the Hunger Games.

People will lose their jobs, and then are told to upskill. So they do so and get told they can't get the job because they don't have experience.

The job market will get so bad that Mcjobs will require a 5 years experience. Then later 10 years. Then no more Mcjobs.

Colleges and universities will close since nobody can afford the tuition and nobody can pay off their student loans.

Americans will cross the border into Mexico looking for jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or