U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2019, 12:45 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,495,969 times
Reputation: 817

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
: People are just saying things that differ from your view point, and you don't like it.
!
No, you are lying again. When you insult and discredit people out of the blue, then they insult you back. You started it.
"different"? LOL. An apple pie and a pile of sht are "different".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2019, 05:00 PM
 
736 posts, read 193,826 times
Reputation: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Your assumption is false, your ego is real.
That assumption was rebuked above several times. According to some websites COL difference is 30%, not 70%. So expecting current salary minus 30% is what everyone leaving CA expects. All of them know that. But some hillbillies want to believe that the CA expat expect no pay drop. No reason to think that but want to think that, to comfort your own ego and give excuses to reject people who could give a huge contribution to your team. It is just an excuse to think CA expats expect SAME pay. an excuse to act like the hillbilly who sees a car in the distance and starts shooting.
The story is not BS, you are showing the same attitude as in the story, just like the other commenter below:


Empty headed cynicism, and hillbilly attitude.


Not everyone in Silicon Valley works at Google/Facebook. There is still some real engineering companies left here, building silicon, boards and systems. About half the people leaving SV are leaving because we want to stay away from hipster tech tyrants, we are not one of them. The other half just wants a big cheap house, but moves back to CA after realizing that the place is not full of liberal hipsters. Not everyone is the same.
Um. I grew up in CA.

Your attitude is exactly why I don’t hire my tech staff from there. Well, that and you can’t form proper sentences, while calling other people names.

Have you ever interviewed someone from CA in TX? No. You have not. Yet you speak for them.

Best of luck. Your failure is not based on your address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 12:30 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,495,969 times
Reputation: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
Um. I grew up in CA.

Your attitude is exactly why I don’t hire my tech staff from there. Well, that and you can’t form proper sentences, while calling other people names.

Have you ever interviewed someone from CA in TX? No. You have not. Yet you speak for them.

Best of luck. Your failure is not based on your address.
It's not my attitude, it's yours.
You just pretend to find fault in everything, because you are insecure.
100% of the cases when a competent engineer is called an shole, it is because some incompetent people are insecure in their job. The only way to keep your job with the 6 figure salary is by preventing any kind of high contrast situation from emerging, which is when really competent people get hired in your department. Then sooner or later your management figures out that your activities are not worth a penny in contrast to a real competent person, then your fraud of a career falls apart.
Another thing that insecure incompetent bullies regularly do, is they attack people, discredit them, and if someone respond to the harassment then they blame them for all of it. The term for this is a "crybully".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crybully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 01:07 PM
 
736 posts, read 193,826 times
Reputation: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
It's not my attitude, it's yours.
You just pretend to find fault in everything, because you are insecure.
100% of the cases when a competent engineer is called an shole, it is because some incompetent people are insecure in their job. The only way to keep your job with the 6 figure salary is by preventing any kind of high contrast situation from emerging, which is when really competent people get hired in your department. Then sooner or later your management figures out that your activities are not worth a penny in contrast to a real competent person, then your fraud of a career falls apart.
Another thing that insecure incompetent bullies regularly do, is they attack people, discredit them, and if someone respond to the harassment then they blame them for all of it. The term for this is a "crybully".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crybully
Good luck man. You’re going to need it.

None of your rambling makes any sense at all. What the issue boils down to is this:

You have a strike against you based on the litany of people before you with unrealistic expectations. You compound that by also fulfilling a typical SV holier than thou engineer stereotype. That’s two strikes.

Finally, you ask questions and argue the answers. Strike three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 01:16 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,495,969 times
Reputation: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
Good luck man. You’re going to need it.

None of your rambling makes any sense at all. What the issue boils down to is this:

You have a strike against you based on the litany of people before you with unrealistic expectations. You compound that by also fulfilling a typical SV holier than thou engineer stereotype. That’s two strikes.

Finally, you ask questions and argue the answers. Strike three.
Because I initially dared to claim that my expertise is above average, all these incompetent people like you attacked me on this forum thread. Then I responded and now you blame all the brawl on me. In your eyes I sinned against radical egalitarianism. The fight didn't start when I responded, it started when you and your friends attacked me initially. Your career is a fraud and you are a crybully, and you know that. It doesn't matter how many crybullies form a mob, it doesn't make it right. You are not any kind of moral authority, despite you pretend to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 11:19 PM
 
736 posts, read 193,826 times
Reputation: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Because I initially dared to claim that my expertise is above average, all these incompetent people like you attacked me on this forum thread. Then I responded and now you blame all the brawl on me. In your eyes I sinned against radical egalitarianism. The fight didn't start when I responded, it started when you and your friends attacked me initially. Your career is a fraud and you are a crybully, and you know that. It doesn't matter how many crybullies form a mob, it doesn't make it right. You are not any kind of moral authority, despite you pretend to be.
Dude. Check the prescription... youíre all over the map.

I said many TX employers donít like hiring SV engineers because they have unrealistic expectations. The rest of that lunacy is on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 09:07 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,495,969 times
Reputation: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
Dude. Check the prescription... youíre all over the map.

I said many TX employers donít like hiring SV engineers because they have unrealistic expectations. The rest of that lunacy is on you.
What expectations?
I explained above that almost everyone who moves out of SV are expecting a pay cut of about 30%. Some hiring managers assume that SV engineers expect no pay cut, without even having a conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 09:25 AM
 
736 posts, read 193,826 times
Reputation: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
what expectations?
I explained above that almost everyone who moves out of sv are expecting a pay cut of about 30%. Some hiring managers assume that sv engineers expect no pay cut, without even having a conversation.
based on actual experience, your assertion is false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Chandler, AZ
2,291 posts, read 1,158,790 times
Reputation: 5399
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Silicon Valley engineer trying to move to East Coast or a southern state.
I applied at most companies, but none of them shown any interest.
If I applied here in SV locally, at least some of them would have responded.

Have you asked people to independently review your resume?


There is an enormous demand for engineers in SV. Someone not only not being inundated with unsolicited offers but also only receiving responses to "some" resume submissions tells me there's something not right with your resume. It isn't telling people what you think it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 12:13 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,495,969 times
Reputation: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Have you asked people to independently review your resume?


There is an enormous demand for engineers in SV. Someone not only not being inundated with unsolicited offers but also only receiving responses to "some" resume submissions tells me there's something not right with your resume. It isn't telling people what you think it is.
yeah... but what is it? I can only guess.

Some people say I have to not take credit for anything I have done, rather only mention what our team has accomplished. But I am not going to do that, because I work best in asymmetrical teams as lead, otherwise I would have to cut back on my performance like 80% that is a waste for both me and my employer.
Another thing my resume does not have is an ivy league diploma and less than few years experience. At one big corporation, my friend tole me they might hire me for a low $100k salary, but they rather hire ivy league fresh grads for $160k starting salary and hope to train them to have half my expertise after years of employment. Nothing I can do about that.

I get contacted by recruiters often, mostly startups or few big companies, but ALL from the silicon valley. Some of the bigger companies contacted me several times, while some other big companies never contacted me. There is some difference between hiring strategy between companies. But I'm afraid some geographical regions might have customs that all locals follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top