Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,533,525 times

Advertisements

FBI 'state and most local records other on arrest are keep by fingerprints. Even if you gave a false name its recorded that way. To get a good record check requires you be prinhted and the prints sent to the state and FBI beside the loacl PD that prinst you.The FBI only keeps certin classes of crimes. The local and sate usually keep any arest. That is why ploice reocrds are so accurate and upheld in courts because of the prints taken. Bssically your printed and the prints classified giving a sort of formula, They then take this a look for prints that are close to that formula that gets them close. They then actually look at the prints to find the exact match. There are now machines that can check print data bases but it then must be confrimed by being checking by a certified expert.They don't do this for just any reason tho because they are busy dealing with police work on prints.Everytime a record is checked its record in a log by law showing who checked the reocrd of who and reason. NCIC and sate data bases are not positive because they rely on names;DOB and other factors. Prints are the only positve means courts accept for records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 06:24 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,843,401 times
I'm really confused. You've either committed a crime or you haven't. If you haven't committed a crime, and haven't had any violation more serious than a parking ticket, you have nothing to worry about.

If in fact you do have something lurking in your background, it will be found out. My son has a friend with a juvenile record that was supposed to be sealed. When he applied for a job at the school my son was working at, they did a background check and guess what popped up?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,529 times
http://f2848g8zy7qlapfgn5xffc3tf9.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=SDWTVZ2W

You can do a serious Background Check at this site. I was wooried I wouldnt get hired at my job cuz of a juvie record, but I checked here b4 the interview and it worked out well for me

Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 AM

2,365 posts, read 11,107,281 times
Well some records are sealed or destroyed. Your attorney should be able to tell if your record was sealed or destroyed.

Destruction is preferable. If it is avaiable to a non-law enforcement employer, than it is not sealed. And you will have to hire an attorney to make sure it is properly done. Again destruction is always better.

good luck!

p.s. there are definite state laws on what you have to disclose. Contact an attorney and she/he will tell you!!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,362 times
Here you have a tutorial posted about Police Background Checks. I hope this can help you.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 AM

4 posts, read 23,018 times
Quickest way to get the report is to your local sheriff's office and request for a background check.. or better yet if you know an officer, you can ask him to run one for you.. there are some good sites out there to perform background checks on, but better do some research first before committing your hard earned dollars to that service, and stay away from free sites, if you think their too good to be true, then they probably are.. you can visit site for more information on criminal background checks...

Old 08-17-2009, 05:11 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,911,207 times
They also do a credit check. Someone with poor credit probably will not be hired. The police department I worked for really concerned themselves with the last two years of a person's record. There were officers that had a past when hired but nothing recent and nothing THAT bad. One officer I knew had never been drunk or tried an illegal drug. They thought he was lying.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,892 times
Smile To answer the question he asked

get online and google your local manicipal court then there will be a link in thee you put your name in and it will tell you every thing if it is not on that site google your local sheriffs department thats how i found out about mine to c if i could get my ccl

Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,533,525 times
Parking tickets aren't going to give you a record.f you check most police depts give what is required on background ;the toughest part usually being a extenisve lie detector session.The standard Phycologial test is really much to worry about and is simialr to waht is described.You can check your own record by going to your local ploice dept and signing for one but their is usually a charge.Complete criminal histories are very strickly enforced because they include all arrest not just convictions like public records.Sounds like it would be a wste in your case tho.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,257,349 times
"I'm really confused. You've either committed a crime or you haven't."

I have to agree with this statement. You've either been handcuffed, put in the back of a patrol car, taken in, fingerprinted/photographed, and gone to court, with some sort of punishment imposed, or you haven't. If you don't know, who would???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search