Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,629,449 times

Advertisements

Get a job that has a phycological test and to will see alot of these quetions. They are designed to test you and not all questions mean anyhthng ;just part of them. Did you get the job? The phyocos decide if you are a risk to hire by your answers.More and more compamnies want to vet personality problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 09:41 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,425,697 times
"Where do you see yourself in five years?" Out on the darn street, if you don't give me this job.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,150,157 times
I know what you mean. Sometimes I think to myslef- "I won't be working in this hell hole, that's for sure. I just need a paycheck until the next party get's started"

Not ot mention 5 years is a long time in terms of todays "job hop" environment we live in. 2 to 3 years, than that's it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
"Where do you see yourself in five years?" Out on the darn street, if you don't give me this job.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:52 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,033,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrguy View Post
This did not happen to me but to someone my wife and I were friends with back in graduate school. We were living in central Pennsylvania and unless you went to Penn State a lot of interviewers did not seem to recognize your college. This person had graduated from MIT and spelled out on her resume Mass. Institute of Technology. The person doing the interview wanted to know if the school was a tech school "kind of like DeVry or ITT" because he had never heard of the school before. She tried to explain to him that MIT was one of the best schools in the country, but the guy doing the interview did not believe her.
No offense but in Central PA, people don't get out much...

Old 06-08-2008, 04:57 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,497,586 times
where is your family?
what kind of computer do you have make,model and year?
what kind of car do you drive make model and year?

And I didn't get the job

Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,694,477 times
"Have you ever stolen anything from any place you've ever worked?

Standard on most applications and with most interviewers, but still as dumb as they come.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:23 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,496,338 times
"How do you handle stress?"

I should have said sex.

It's funny how these HR people think they are just improving and improving the hiring process. It is just a joke, and most people think it's a joke.
If someone can't gauge if someone can do the job, then all these dumb questions won't work. They need to try to stop hiring like it's a popularity contest.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:33 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,496,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
where is your family?
what kind of computer do you have make,model and year?
what kind of car do you drive make model and year?

And I didn't get the job

You should have said you drive an old woody, and your husband has a Pacer.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 10,372 times
this happen to me twice... What are your favorites hobbies ?
ahh. i just lie and lie... i play golf, sometimes i scuba diving or ride my bike 20 miles ....

Old 06-10-2008, 08:45 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,150,157 times
WOW..............I was just asked that question today in my job interview. Mind you, I did not enjoy the process.

fu*king bozos

Damn good post. I can't stand these darn HR people. They ask you questions that they can't answer their damn selves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
"How do you handle stress?"

I should have said sex.

It's funny how these HR people think they are just improving and improving the hiring process. It is just a joke, and most people think it's a joke.
If someone can't gauge if someone can do the job, then all these dumb questions won't work. They need to try to stop hiring like it's a popularity contest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search