Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,258 times

Advertisements

workingsol
workingsolutions.

dot com

I think they're both the same.

No one has asked for my SS# but let's say I'm hired. Isn't that part of the paperwork in order to get paid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 AM

58 posts, read 165,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
workingsol
workingsolutions.

dot com

I think they're both the same.

No one has asked for my SS# but let's say I'm hired. Isn't that part of the paperwork in order to get paid?
Yes, once you're hired you need to give your SSN, but if it is a virtual job just make sure that they are legit.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,258 times
How do you suggest I confirm they are legit? That was my original concern. Anyone can post a link on these websites!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,604 times
Smile Check this one out

First off - Lindsay - Thank you for starting this thread. I have checked out many of the sites mentioned and keep checking back daily for any other tips!

I have been an Executive/Administrative Assistant for years. After I had my second child I stayed at home until he went to school this past Sept. and ended up working for a real jerk. Anyway - I'm not there anymore and have been trying to find the right job for me. I am good at what I do, and I like doing what I do. I decided to look into becoming a Virtual Assistant. I'm not really interested in starting my own business. But often becoming a VA is starting your own business. Well.....I found this website www.virtualassistantjobs.com The name of the company is Virtual Office Temps. I will be submitting my resume and registering with them today. Hopefully it works out. I'll let you know what happens, and I will hope to hear from anyone who knows anything about them or decides to look with them too.

Thanks again Lindsay!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:31 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
I have just finished my first survey with "Pine Cone Research" and will receive the product to test.
I already have another one waiting for me. At least they're not like the others.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,604 times
Way to Go MK! Let us know how it works out for you !

Old 07-16-2008, 05:58 PM

58 posts, read 165,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I have just finished my first survey with "Pine Cone Research" and will receive the product to test.
I already have another one waiting for me. At least they're not like the others.
Awesome!!! Good luck Mk!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,201,680 times
Default Research Assistant/Recruiter

I know someone looking for people to work from home as a research person and for a recruiter . He is totally legitimate and has owned his own Executive Search business for over 17 years but just relocated. If you know of anyone that has experience or may be interested please DM me. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
I signed up for Pine Cone Research and just completed my firsy survey also. They are sending me the product to test. I have not tried any of these other work at home sights, but as soon as I find the time I will. With school out and kids home I can't find time for anything.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I signed up for Pine Cone Research and just completed my firsy survey also. They are sending me the product to test. I have not tried any of these other work at home sights, but as soon as I find the time I will. With school out and kids home I can't find time for anything.
Great asitshouldbe. That wasn't hard was it? Are you going to tell us about the product?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment