Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM

4 posts, read 10,524 times

Advertisements

Can i have a phone number or a way to contact them please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,386,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieVal View Post
Can i have a phone number or a way to contact them please
http://www.wahm.com/jobs.html

WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms

Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 PM

Yes please send me the info

Old 11-15-2008, 06:10 PM

I just want to say thank you ! I was in an accident in april and broke my back and neck. So now i have to stay at home. I have 2 children and need an income of some type. I have been looking and looking. I have read all of your replies each one has given me courage and hope. So again *** thank you **** also if i come across anything good i will post it for you.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I just want to say thank you ! I was in an accident in april and broke my back and neck. So now i have to stay at home. I have 2 children and need an income of some type. I have been looking and looking. I have read all of your replies each one has given me courage and hope. So again *** thank you **** also if i come across anything good i will post it for you.
Too mant OLJ's out there are scam's, so to be safe keep checking the ones one this thread.
This has been posted several times. It's legitamte and has many different types of OLJ"s with different payments.
Good Luck
and May God Be With You.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 AM

161 posts, read 724,386 times
Default Legitimate Market Research Firms - Focus Group Studies

Quote:

I know there have been a lot of good leads given for survey partiicpants to complete telephone or on line surveys at home.

But there are also a number of legitimate market research companies looking for "focus group" participants.

While these research studies will take you away from home, these companies generally offer a number of time slots to accommodate a variety of schedules - daytime, evening, weekends.

I signed up with several companies where I used to live in Atlanta - they would send me emails if I qualifed and I would particpate depending on how much it paid, how long the survy was etc...

For example, I earned $100 cash for two hours of work - sampling new breakfast food items for a fast food restaurant and providing my input

Don't know the income laws, but for every survey I did, I was given an envelope with cash in it - no paperwork.

My teenage son even particpated in a Bubble Gum survey - made $50 cash for 90 minutes work - I am not kidding. And they actually do have beer surveys - of course, you had to provide a designated driver.

I know these companies are not in every US city and are more likely to be located in the larger cities - Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago - but it might be worth seeing if there are companies in your area.

I tried to find a website listing these companies - the closest thing I found is listed below. You have to register with each company, and check to see if they conduct research in your area, a bit time consuming, but the pay is pretty good if you get picked.

Paid Focus Groups

If anyone else knows of more links to legitimate market research companies, looking for focus group participants, please post for all.

thanks and good luck to all.

Last edited by canuckmom; 11-17-2008 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: editing

Old 11-17-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckmom View Post
I know there have been a lot of good leads given for survey partiicpants to complete telephone or on line surveys at home.

But there are also a number of legitimate market research companies looking for "focus group" participants.

While these research studies will take you away from home, these companies generally offer a number of time slots to accommodate a variety of schedules - daytime, evening, weekends.

I signed up with several companies where I used to live in Atlanta - they would send me emails if I qualifed and I would particpate depending on how much it paid, how long the survy was etc...

For example, I earned $100 cash for two hours of work - sampling new breakfast food items for a fast food restaurant and providing my input

Don't know the income laws, but for every survey I did, I was given an envelope with cash in it - no paperwork.

My teenage son even particpated in a Bubble Gum survey - made $50 cash for 90 minutes work - I am not kidding. And they actually do have beer surveys - of course, you had to provide a designated driver.

I know these companies are not in every US city and are more likely to be located in the larger cities - Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago - but it might be worth seeing if there are companies in your area.

I tried to find a website listing these companies - the closest thing I found is listed below. You have to register with each company, and check to see if they conduct research in your area, a bit time consuming, but the pay is pretty good if you get picked.

Paid Focus Groups

If anyone else knows of more links to legitimate market research companies, looking for focus group participants, please post for all.

thanks and good luck to all.
I just receive one simular to what you discribed yesterday. I usually report and delete these right away, or the one's telling me that tell me they were just informed that they only have a small amount of time to live, I send a reply saying " I hope you suffer a long painful death".
But this one caught my eye because he only mentioned how much they pay($100.00) per survey + gas and expenses would be paid in advance. Then he went on explaining what I would be doing. Evaluate businesses in my area and the attitudes of the staff.
So I signed up and I'm waiting for a reply.
Either way,I will post my results,and if this is legit, I definitely will post the sign up information.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-17-2008 at 09:38 AM..

Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 AM

161 posts, read 724,386 times
Default Market Research Focus Group Studies

Geez.....right after I posted, I found another great site which lists companies paying for research.

Research Services - paidfocusgroups.org

MMMM...don't know much about medical studies....I've never participated, so not sure how they work, but some one did send me a link to find local openings in many medical studies....

Free classifieds - backpage.com

pick your city, click on surveys/research, I think it is.

Maybe if anyone has done any medical surveys, they could let us know how they work?

thx

Last edited by canuckmom; 11-17-2008 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: wrong website listed

Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM

983 posts, read 4,436,042 times
Here is my update. I went throug the process with Alpine Access and have been accepted to work from home. This is a very legit company that pays by the hour and not per minute. You are actually an employee of theirs not a contractor. Now, they only hire in certain states TX, CO and not sure which others. I used to apply in CA and then got a message that they were not hiring in my state. As soon as I updated my app and address to TX, I got an email to continue with the process. And a process it is. Computer and personality assessments.

Now I can't tell you what company they will put me with or what the pay is yet. I should be getting emails in a week or two with job offers. The HR recruiter stated if I wasn't interested in an offer I could decline it and let her know why (hours, pay, etc) and she will try to find me something more suited.
With this company you have to pass background and credit (no more than 4 negatives in 4 yrs).

I will post what the offers look like when I get one.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM

58 posts, read 157,727 times
This is something the government (schools) need to change drastically. As a single mother for many years and knowing the employment industry and corporate America...what job gets out at 2pm daily? And this is what is the CAUSE of so many of us seeking BALANCE...it's because we're set up to fail from the beginning and therefore it cannot exist. People are not lazy just burdened by these types of systems we pay dearly for in our tax base (ours is over 14K per year and the only thing I utilize is the public school...

If you've ever read the "No Child Left Behind" policy from Bush...you would be truly appalled and the language suggests that parents who are not available to feed their child a nutritious snack at or around 3pm are in clear need of support and describe the children as "at risk". Truly ridiculous. Most corporate roles work from 8 to 5 at a minimum...so our choices to balance our lives are what exactly?

Teachers unions aside...wouldn't it make LOGICAL SENSE to...oh let's say in a school district that has 3 elementary schools that instead of by block for the purposes of busing, that there is an early (7am to 2:30pm); a mid (8:30 am to 4pm) and a late 9:30 to 5:30 pm choice for schools....so that the district (government) serves the people (both children and parents) and is not governed by teacher unions or stupid government snack programs. Obviously there would still be needs for before/after care but it would put many of us on a better balance...we might actually have dinner with our kids after work and feel less guilt, etc. And while my hours or my idea may not be exact, what is needed is real change so people will stop feeling guilty, will be able to work and be productive and be great parents too...it's all about the hours...and it can be done.

Politicians and school systems must remember, we all don't work on farms or in factories anymore and these policies are antiquated and do not fit with our societal demands at all.

Comments encouraged! This is my rant....too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment