Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:33 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
A fast food restaurant, but that is because I'm a vegetarian and I have boycotted all fast food related products for the past 10 years. I won't even purchase a soft drink from one if I'm dying of thirst. That is just my personal belief system though. If I don't believe in a company then I couldn't see myself working there, even if I were unemployed (which I was recently). I just despise the industry so much that I couldn't even walk into the building let alone work there and help kill people on a daily basis.

I hate them too, and I hate what they stand for. I hate how they have trashed our landscape across the nation and you can't go anywhere without seeing their ugly signs.
I wish they would all just go away. I don't care about their convenience. I don't want their sickening greasy food and hormone-laden dairy cow beef burgers.
We have too many of them already. How can people eat that crap? The more chickens and cows that have to be raised like unliving beings just to give them this garbage food is sickening.
I remember working in a hospital for children that had a McDonald's on the first floor and it was looked on as so cute and Ronald McDonald and all that. Made me sick...how they exploit children and feed them that crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 03:07 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't believe sales would be your kind of gig...
Absolutely right. Like I said, when one of my jobs started included "sales"...and we were rated on our "sales", I quit.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Road Kill Pick Up!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Road Kill Pick Up!
A new type of fast food.....................vending?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:25 PM

430 posts, read 1,358,988 times
Cleaning out the heat exchanger at a coal fired plant.

Think 6 inch metal pipes a foot apart in rows about 3 feet apart in a stack two hundred feet high covered with a heavy cement ash that has to be knocked off by hand while wearing respirators.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM

430 posts, read 1,358,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I hate them too, and I hate what they stand for. I hate how they have trashed our landscape across the nation and you can't go anywhere without seeing their ugly signs.
I wish they would all just go away. I don't care about their convenience. I don't want their sickening greasy food and hormone-laden dairy cow beef burgers.
We have too many of them already. How can people eat that crap? The more chickens and cows that have to be raised like unliving beings just to give them this garbage food is sickening.
I remember working in a hospital for children that had a McDonald's on the first floor and it was looked on as so cute and Ronald McDonald and all that. Made me sick...how they exploit children and feed them that crap.
I think you should try out for the position of the Ronald McDonald clown.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 PM

212 posts, read 821,795 times
I think the worst to work for is a cpa firm. They work you to death. I am working in a cpa firm right now for the past 4 weeks and I hate it as I am used to private industry. I only took job because I was out of work 8 mths from a permanent job, but still looking.

Last edited by captnemo; 06-24-2008 at 09:05 PM..

Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I'd hate to be austinnetx with that attitude or work around him/her. negative peole give me a headache.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 PM

212 posts, read 821,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I'd hate to be austinnetx with that attitude or work around him/her. negative peole give me a headache.

tyenol does a great job

Old 06-25-2008, 02:21 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
tyenol does a great job

Tylenol is bad for your liver. Try Ibuprofin with some food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment