Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Quote:
Then why hire me?
She knew I had never worked in an Dentist's office before hiring me as well. Toward the last day of my first week I was called early in the morning and told I will be working in the back with the Dr. and her assistants cleaning and sterilizing. Then the end of this week I am told what she expects from an office manager. WTF! The only nice thing she had to say was she "heard" I was a quick learner. I wish I didn't need the money so much but having to work there three more weeks to get a check another check might warrant suicide or Hari Kari!
It sounds like she hired you to do the work of several employees. She needs to hire someone with multipersonalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,201,680 times
She has the multiple personalities and she's cheap.
I would love to quit via email but they never check it! I found email's since Nov. 07! Tuesday is my next day and is also the day we total our hours and it's sent in to the accountant (that gave me a limit on how many dependants I could claim). I didn't total my hours after our talk on Thursday??Don't I have to go in? It's going to be hell this week because the only other person that is non-Chinese is the dental assistant who is the Dr.s right hand person and she is gone for a week. She is the only one that took the time to show me a few things. We are also booked solid which means she will go ballistic if the slightest thing is in error or we (me) are not available for her last minute demands.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
She has the multiple personalities and she's cheap.
I would love to quit via email but they never check it! I found email's since Nov. 07! Tuesday is my next day and is also the day we total our hours and it's sent in to the accountant (that gave me a limit on how many dependants I could claim). I didn't total my hours after our talk on Thursday??Don't I have to go in? It's going to be hell this week because the only other person that is non-Chinese is the dental assistant who is the Dr.s right hand person and she is gone for a week. She is the only one that took the time to show me a few things. We are also booked solid which means she will go ballistic if the slightest thing is in error or we (me) are not available for her last minute demands.
Total your hours? Wouldn't that be an accountants job?
I would start preparing to quit.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 AM

732 posts, read 4,157,380 times
I had the same problem before. I applied for a job in a restaurant that was owned by a guy from Taiwan who I could hardly understand and at the end of the first night he told me the same thing. How I didnt meet his expectations as an assistant manager. I told him straight though. I told him he should get better english skills and learn what the words mean.

Man I was cursing at that guy for wasting my time. There are two types of thieves, people who steal your material items, and people who steal your time. No one is going to steal my time.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:10 AM

Love your post Fnix! Thanks for the great responses people! I hate quitting...don't like the feeling as if I gave up but in the case I will make an exception. When I was hired I was told the hours are 8:30-6. Of course, Thursday I am told "I don't know if anyone told you, but you have to be here 8:10 to open everything at the front desk and then we have a huddle. Oh, and you can't leave until all the patients are gone and everyone is ready to go". I had been leaving when I was told which was 6.
Tuesday I am going in later (already left a message for the other girl), filling out my time card, making a copy, faxing it directly to the accountant, calling to make sure he received it and telling him to change my dependents and mail my check to my home. Then I am quitting. I am leaving a letter of my reasons for the Dr. Agreed?

Old 07-05-2008, 08:25 AM

Good. Consider this job something to watchout for in the future.

Let us know how things turn out.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 AM

MK, are you in career counseling?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
MK, are you in career counseling?
Please!......I am a former business owner, and ("honest" may I add) who has no respect for employers that show no loyalty or Leadership by working with their emloyees and walking through assignments that some employees, mainly new, are not quit accustom to.
Working with empoyees can make a day go by much easier and many more projects can be accomplished.
Everyone can go home looking forward to the next day.

Your always hearing the cliche' "This is team work". Well..some peole need to ask their boss.."Where do you fit in this catagory?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 07-05-2008 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-05-2008, 10:06 AM

One more thing.....Your job would be like working in a German Consentration Camp.
I would politly leave and if possible would leave with a "guilt trip". Or like another poster added, get the other girl to leave with you and creat a "Panic Attack".

Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 AM

My poor intimidated co-worker would never leave like that. Not in their culture to disobey that way. Her voice shakes when the boss asked her to do something or if something was done. You can barely even hear her speak. It's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment