U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2008, 04:45 PM

3,761 posts, read 5,492,869 times

Advertisements

I recently went for a job interview where I had to fill out a handwriting sample for analysis. Has anyone ever had to do this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 05:11 PM

763 posts, read 1,522,630 times
That's pretty odd.

If they did that to me, they'd tell me I'm qualified to be a doctor. (That's why I type everything.)

Old 07-27-2008, 08:12 PM

Yeah, I thought it was odd too.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:58 AM

763 posts, read 1,522,630 times
Whatever floats their boat. If they are basing who they hire on handwriting analysis, they deserve the employees they get.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 AM
NCN

14,085 posts, read 12,286,194 times
My husband had to do this when he went to work for a computer company. It is amazing what your handwriting tells about you. I have studied handwriting analysis a little to be able to recognize characteristics of people. A persons signature is not sufficient to be able to judge. Your signature tells what you think of yourself, but your handwriting gives your real characteristics. You can find several books about this in the library. Handwriting analysis is a science.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My husband had to do this when he went to work for a computer company. It is amazing what your handwriting tells about you. I have studied handwriting analysis a little to be able to recognize characteristics of people. A persons signature is not sufficient to be able to judge. Your signature tells what you think of yourself, but your handwriting gives your real characteristics. You can find several books about this in the library. Handwriting analysis is a science.
I think I will do a little research on this. Check out this link:

http://handwriting.feedbucket.com/

Now, tell me how are you supposed to get a true reading of your handwriting when you are writing with a computer mouse. Come on now!

http://www.viewzone.com/handwriting.html

More information at the above link.

Last edited by PG77; 07-28-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 AM

66 posts, read 92,991 times
Default Why did you say that, elgusano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgusano View Post
Whatever floats their boat. If they are basing who they hire on handwriting analysis, they deserve the employees they get.
Hi there elgusano. I know you posted this a while ago, but just in case you happen to see this.....what do you mean? Thank you for your time.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,704,985 times
I went to a job fair where they wanted a handwriting sample, but disguised it as a "contest" Actually it was a seminar format, then they asked all of us to copy a quote on the board in handwriting, then sign our name, then put it in a pot for a drawing--the prize--a tee shirt with the company's logo! Wow!

come on, it they wanted a handwriting sample, why didn't they just ask for one? Probably dancing around the legalities.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM

8 posts, read 13,800 times
I applied for a job once which required a 5 question psych test. 5 questions??? WTH With a previous employer I had taken the Myers Briggs test to help the marketing folks understand the programmers and vice versa... LOL. It was about 20 pages. Then, at this same previous company, for any upper mgmt positions you had to see a psychologist and take further test. I failed for whatever reason (they don't tell you, the test are property of company since they paid for it) and didn't get the upper mgmt position. They then hired a new IT VP who didn't believe in the, what I call 'nutjob' test, and promoted me into the position when the person who got job before me quit after 3 mos.

BTW... the 5 question psych test job went to inhouse employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment