Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:13 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
That's OK, some single or childless married co-worker will get to suck it up...

Redwine, I'm just DYING to know; why is it a problem that your day care is next to a strip club? Your child is too young to enter...

That comment is almost too stupid to even reply too. I am going to let you use your head on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 01:44 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
That comment is almost too stupid to even reply too. I am going to let you use your head on this one.
I live in an upscale community and we have one less than a mile from my house. I have absolutely no interest in patronizing the place, but it has never been a problem for me OR the community, that I'm aware of. None of the activities inside are carried out to the parking lot, either. (And the tax revenue sure is nice!)

It may be a news flash for some parents, but not everything revolves around their offspring; adult Americans DO have a right to an adult life.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:51 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:
I live in an upscale community and we have one less than a mile from my house. I have absolutely no interest in patronizing the place, but it has never been a problem for me OR the community, that I'm aware of. None of the activities inside are carried out to the parking lot, either. (And the tax revenue sure is nice!)

It may be a news flash for some parents, but not everything revolves around their offspring; adult Americans DO have a right to an adult life.
As a parent, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING revolves around our children. Not sure why you don't understand why putting them near a strip joint would be a problem. I'm the husband of the OP, and I like strip joints too, but I know that men get drunk and do stupid things. Anyplace where there is a man in charge of muscling you out the door for disorderly conduct, is just not a place I want my child a mile from

Old 09-06-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
As a parent, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING revolves around our children. Not sure why you don't understand why putting them near a strip joint would be a problem. I'm the husband of the OP, and I like strip joints too, but I know that men get drunk and do stupid things. Anyplace where there is a man in charge of muscling you out the door for disorderly conduct, is just not a place I want my child a mile from
I get that everything must revolve around your children. I just think that there would be very little business at a day care during the hours that a strip club would be open... My response was a reaction to the people (parents) who believe that because they have children, lawful adult activity should be curtailed or eliminated. Perhaps there are exceptions, but most strip clubs have few law enforcement-related problems. The owners definitely don't want that kind of attention. And, like I said, the club in our area has never had any issues. (People get drunk and stoo-pid in plenty of other places, too)

Old 09-06-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I get that everything must revolve around your children. I just think that there would be very little business at a day care during the hours that a strip club would be open... My response was a reaction to the people (parents) who believe that because they have children, lawful adult activity should be curtailed or eliminated. Perhaps there are exceptions, but most strip clubs have few law enforcement-related problems. The owners definitely don't want that kind of attention. And, like I said, the club in our area has never had any issues. (People get drunk and stoo-pid in plenty of other places, too)
Ok, I was in the Navy for 5 years and have been in Stip joints around the world in 23 countrys. Stip joints are not a place for children to be nearl. They attract very undesirables. Not to mention the coke/crack and other drugs usually involved. Sometimes its just easier to say OK you win. I would escape before 30 woman come in here and pile on you.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Ok, I was in the Navy for 5 years and have been in Stip joints around the world in 23 countrys. Strip joints are not a place for children to be near. They attract very undesirables. Not to mention the coke/crack and other drugs usually involved. Sometimes its just easier to say OK you win. I would escape before 30 woman come in here and pile on you.
Sberdrow, guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I would, however, invite you to post evidence that illicit drug use is a problem at strip clubs (such as the police reports from your local paper) Locally, I've listened to the pro/con arguments about strip clubs. Most, if not all, of those against strip clubs engage in stretching the truth and all-out falsehoods. (My property values as well as the values of homes closer to the strip club have held up just fine, thank you!) I tend to think things out logically instead of going berzerk from what I read or see in the "keep 'em scared" media. Besides, I ain't scaired o' no "Hockey Moms"...

Last edited by Crew Chief; 09-06-2008 at 12:28 PM..

Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Sberdrow, guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I would, however, invite you to post evidence that illicit drug use is a problem at strip clubs (such as the police reports from your local paper) Locally, I've listened to the pro/con arguments about strip clubs. Most, if not all, of those against strip clubs engage in stretching the truth and all-out falsehoods. (My property values as well as the values of homes closer to the strip club have held up just fine, thank you!) I tend to think things out logically instead of going berzerk from what I read or see in the "keep 'em scared" media. Besides, I ain't scaired o' no "Hockey Moms"...
One hockey Mom scares me. 666

This isnt the thread for posting strip club data (actually I think this thread of mine should be closed).

Ill just say that I agree that we agree to disagree.

Have a nice weekend

Old 09-06-2008, 06:33 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,026 times
Quote:

Well, I live in Memphis TN. This Strip Club is located in a bad part of town. To ad to that. This place draw the wrong crowd of people. It is not directly your UP Scale strip club.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Well, I live in Memphis TN. This Strip Club is located in a bad part of town. To add to that. This place draw the wrong crowd of people. It is not directly your UP Scale strip club.
Redwine, I can imagine your concern; Memphis DEFINITELY has some rough parts of town...

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
You might have to do what other women have always done and that is find a job with traditional hours.
For some of us, that could mean taking pay and benefits cuts. Who WOULDNT work traditional hours if they could??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment