Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 AM

432 posts, read 1,659,539 times

Advertisements

I want you guys to help me edit and correct any grammar errors that you guys see!
BTW, I am going to e-mail!

I didn't know that I was suppose to send a thank you note within 24 hours, but it has been at least week since the interview, so what should I do?

Subject Line of Email Message:

Thank You-Valet Interview

Email Message:

Dear Mr.Randall:

It was very enjoyable to speak with you about the valet position at the Lexus of Wayzata. The job seems to be an excellent match for my skills and interests. The on hands training that you described for the valet position confirmed my desire to work with you.

In addition to my enthusiasm, I will bring to the position my assertiveness, hard work ethics, and the ability to encourage others to work cooperatively with the department.

I appreciate the time you took to interview me. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you regarding this position.

Sincerely,

Personal Information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
If it has been a week and you haven't heard anything I would start the email off by stating that the purpose of your email is to express your continued interest in the position and indicate that you would like to know if the position is still available. I would say something like, if the position is still indeed available then..........the rest of what you typed.

Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 14,289 times
one brief edit: change "on hands training" to "hands-on training"

Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:40 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORGUSX View Post
I want you guys to help me edit and correct any grammar errors that you guys see!
BTW, I am going to e-mail!

I didn't know that I was suppose to send a thank you note within 24 hours, but it has been at least week since the interview, so what should I do?

Subject Line of Email Message:

Thank You-Valet Interview

Email Message:

Dear Mr.Randall:

It was very enjoyable to speak with you about the valet position at the Lexus of Wayzata. The job seems to be an excellent match for my skills and interests. The on hands training that you described for the valet position confirmed my desire to work with you.

In addition to my enthusiasm, I will bring to the position my assertiveness, hard work ethics, and the ability to encourage others to work cooperatively with the department.

I appreciate the time you took to interview me. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you regarding this position.

Sincerely,

Personal Information!
Here's how I would edit this (assuming you have not sent it out yet!)

Dear Mr. Randall,

Thank you for spending the time with me last (date) regarding the valet position at [ ]. After speaking with you, I believe that the opportunity is indeed an excellent match with my skills and long-term career interests. I am excited at the prospect of working with you and your team. I look at this as an excellent opportunity to apply my team building skills and bring to the table my professional work ethics and enthusiasm for the job.

Please contact me if you need additional information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
[ ]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment