Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
The executive assistant of my boss told me in confidence that Tina, my Administrative Assistant, has scheduled an appointment with my manager. He has not told me about it and it is scheduled for a day that I am out of the office.

Tina, who I inherited, is a great TECHNICAL Administrative Assistant. She is an expert in all aspects of the role. She knows the entire Microsoft Office Suite backwards and forward. She types nearly 100 WPM. She has a great ability to work effectively with my customers and other staff. She does not make mistakes. She is highly respected in the office. She works long hours. There is only one trouble with Tina. She hates me and I dislike her. It is bad chemistry, a personality mismatch and a conflict in work style.

She also goes around the office and complains about me in complete confidence to anyone who will listen. None of them will go on the record and agree to let me use their names to complain to Tina.

I have tried to work out our personality differences but unsuccessfully.

How should I respond to her SECRET meeting with my boss?
You've let Tina get the upper hand. You should care less about who does or does not wish to be discreet. Go to 'your' boss before her meeting w/him and talk it out. You need to get the ball back in 'your court'. She is 'your' Admin Assistant. You should have acted on this a very long time ago...
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Exclamation sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I disagree because while a boss and his administrative assistant should not be close personal friends, it is important to have a good friendly relationship. If you both hate each other nothing gets done.

I have gone to Tina and tried to work things out but she insists there is nothing wrong between us. 15 minutes later she is down the hall complaining about me.
I went back and read a bit more...

This is when you should have pulled her into your office and had a very serious discussion...!!!
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment