Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,457,849 times

Advertisements

I LOVE the walmart greeters here in Kauai. They are all elderly, but are always so nice and eager to help you. They make me happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar0 View Post
I LOVE the walmart greeters here in Kauai. They are all elderly, but are always so nice and eager to help you. They make me happy.
It seems everyone is nice and happy in Hawaii
If it wasn't so far I'd probably like it there

Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
I,m turning 57 and it hurts like a SOB to stand for more than 3 minutes, these folks are freaking fossils for Petes sake give them a break ! The OP may want to review how he may appear to others before making an offensive post like that.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:23 AM

347 posts, read 1,357,289 times
I generally avoid Wal Mart because I feel Meijer has better quality stuff, but their greeters are the same
Sometimes I act as if I am sneaking out some stuff just for fun.
Once I even used the ATM there and yelled "I won!! I won !!" and the expression on them was priceless

Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 AM

53 posts, read 331,968 times
I believe Walmart has a program to hire disabled people as greeters.(could be wrong) I feel the elderly probably don't want to be there but have to make money some how! MOST of the time the greeters have been super nice and always smiling even if they were old or different looking! I'm happy they are able to find work somewhere. Most companies wouldn't give an elderly person a job who hasn't been there previously for years much less a disabled person. I have to agree with the check out people being rude sometimes.....

Old 11-04-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanyk25 View Post
I feel the elderly probably don't want to be there but have to make money some how!
Funny,I kinda feel that way too and I'm only 37

Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
I absolutely refuse to stop for the receipt checkers at walmart or sam's club (or any other place that might attempt to check my receipt when I'm leaving). After spending what seems like hours in the checkout line or just maneuvering my cart around people and junk, I'm already out of patience. Plus, I just think it's stupid. No way do I stop, I walk right past them. Once they attempted to follow after me, waving their evil little pen and I waved back and kept on walking.

As for the greeters--I fail to see the point of having them. They used to actually scare my kids when they were young and the greeters would chase them around and try to put stickers on them.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Yes, there are pros and cons on Walmart and the employees they hire. Where else can you find a handicaped man wearing a Walmart employee shirt in a small battery operated chair cruising around the floor ready to help any customer. Nobody will hire him...Walmart did in San Diego area...so give these people a honest break and a SMILE. Steve

Old 11-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I absolutely refuse to stop for the receipt checkers at walmart or sam's club (or any other place that might attempt to check my receipt when I'm leaving). After spending what seems like hours in the checkout line or just maneuvering my cart around people and junk, I'm already out of patience. Plus, I just think it's stupid. No way do I stop, I walk right past them. Once they attempted to follow after me, waving their evil little pen and I waved back and kept on walking.
I was always afraid they'd call security on me or something,especially if the alarm went off for any reason then I'd really look suspect
Besides there's usually a clusterjam at the door anyway so I may as well swing by the checker

Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Yes, there are pros and cons on Walmart and the employees they hire. Where else can you find a handicaped man wearing a Walmart employee shirt in a small battery operated chair cruising around the floor ready to help any customer. Nobody will hire him...Walmart did in San Diego area...so give these people a honest break and a SMILE.
There's no smiles around here but I agree,any place that actually has help on the floor anymore is a big plus to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment