Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 05:39 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,889 times

Advertisements

Like I said above about resigning my post, due to the downturn and the fact that it ain't worth staying in business, I could do just that. Now, considering my manager has irritated me and has a stay at home wife to look after the 1 and a half year old, I'm guessing that he will be out of a job, and just before Xmas and all. Aww never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 PM

359 posts, read 1,197,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Call him in and tell him what you object to in his attitude;you are the boss.That is part of being his boss.
Just BE CAREFUL how you approach this. With the way things are going right now, you don't want to be too firm with your boss, because this guy can go A-wall and fire you (unless your company is under a union). Not trying to discourage you but use EXTREME caution.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
Just BE CAREFUL how you approach this. With the way things are going right now, you don't want to be too firm with your boss, because this guy can go A-wall and fire you (unless your company is under a union). Not trying to discourage you but use EXTREME caution.
Are you new here because you obviously have no idea that I am in fact the boss. "My manager" as in my department head. I don't work for him, he works for me. I have never worked for a boss, I built this enterprise from scratch.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM

91 posts, read 311,345 times
document each and everything he does that violates policy, regardless of how small an issue.

then pull him in for a verbal warning, make him sign saying he had the verbal warning. Explain he will be terminated if the attitude does not change.

Second time write up. Explain one more equals unemployment

Third time.....fire his ass

Old 10-26-2008, 09:33 AM

He won't listen to anything, hes literally full of himself. All I get is the backtalk and excuses. On Monday I will fire his ass and write a damming report so his next employer can see it. Hes lazy, too verbal and doesn't know the way a hierarchy works. No one will employ him after what I write!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
My manager has a real attitude on him and its driven me up the wall. How do I put him in his place without firing his ass?
Be happy you have a job right now. Keep your head down and do your work!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:46 PM

Ya see, another one who thinks that I'm the worker. I built this enterprise from scratch, its mine.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Ya see, another one who thinks that I'm the worker. I built this enterprise from scratch, its mine.
Movie Lover,

Well, whatever your situation, I think security is the main concern right now.

I for one am doing what I have to in order to keep paying the food bills. My job is not the most exciting, but I'm letting my ego sit on the sidelines.

Woofers

Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 AM

129 posts, read 444,724 times
Insecure people must be allowed to find a job where they can take credit for everyone's good ideas. Typically they must be baby sit and nurtured which isn't worth your time. Insecurity is a signal that a person cannot manage themselves and really can't manage others.
Don't let one person ruin other good employees.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Like I said before its not worth continuing and today I made him come into work and fired his ass. He now has no job and a family to support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment