Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:54 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,111,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
Good point!

Heh Tucson!

I thought you might get a kick out of this video....oh boy.

YouTube - The Art of Demotivation: "Addressing Employee Complaints"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,345,351 times
i got a kick out of it.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,823,667 times
That was funny.

On a serious note I left a job as I thought I might be getting set up to fail. I was getting paired up with less talented people and 'pet' projects that would have little benefit, but resource heavy. Never had a bad PR review, but I worked with a 'difficult' employee so his complaints would knock my bonus down. It took me a year to find a better job...but karma can bite. Best part is it was a sales firm, and I now have authority as a huge potential customer.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM

80 posts, read 250,588 times
My one regret in my work history was working with the "difficult personality" who did everything in their power to see to it that my work was sabotaged and my efforts unnoticed. It wasn't just me ... this person had a history of driving out people she "targeted." Some of the stunts that she pulled -- going through my purse, reading my mail, looking through my cell phone records -- should have been grounds for her dismissal -- and for me to walk.

But because I have such a strong work ethic, I hung in there for two long, grueling years. Never again. There's a difference between working with someone who's just a little testy/cranky and someone who's batsh*t crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Never had a bad PR review, but I worked with a 'difficult' employee so his complaints would knock my bonus down. It took me a year to find a better job...but karma can bite. Best part is it was a sales firm, and I now have authority as a huge potential customer.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,603,039 times
I always found that with this typoe of person whether the superviosr or a co-workewrs they always came to a bad end eventually.I have also seen more warnings given to people that were destined to fail and everyone knew they were gone long before it happened. They of course were shocked to learn that they were not so important that the company just wenht on without them.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:28 AM

so, good things do come to those who wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
That was funny.

On a serious note I left a job as I thought I might be getting set up to fail. I was getting paired up with less talented people and 'pet' projects that would have little benefit, but resource heavy. Never had a bad PR review, but I worked with a 'difficult' employee so his complaints would knock my bonus down. It took me a year to find a better job...but karma can bite. Best part is it was a sales firm, and I now have authority as a huge potential customer.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,306,041 times
Yes, I know someone this happened to - coincidentally after she turned down her married bosses advances...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 PM

359 posts, read 1,195,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
i got a kick out of it.
Same here, good vid

Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
Same here, good vid

I am going to keep praying to the God of Jobs for you, until you get a better job...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 PM

8 posts, read 20,492 times
please pray to the God of Jobs for me, too. I may not find something as good as what I had, but I need the drive to get up and out there again.

P.S. Justthetemp, did we work at the same place? I am sorry for your experiences, but can completely identify with all of the sabotaging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment