U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 AM

700 posts, read 1,721,058 times

Advertisements

Nightwatchman or Lighthouse supervisor

Im a chef, and sometimes its better to keep me locked away from the public...grrrrrrr!

Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 AM

2,178 posts, read 5,132,625 times
A doggy pooper scooper?
Don't laugh.
These people make good money picking up after peoples pets.
Just go around the yard, pickup, and collect the money.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:52 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,202,205 times
Work in the funeral business

Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,881,051 times
truck driver

Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,593,316 times
Some sort of behind-the-scenes library work, like cataloging, processing, or technical services, basically anything outside of circulation or reference, would be ideal for you.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 PM

3,993 posts, read 6,620,358 times
Cop.

Well, you have to deal with the public, but you don't have to be nice.

And occasionally, you can (justifiably) smack 'em upside their heads!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 AM

8 posts, read 30,210 times
I have recently retired from a long career in Finance and Regulation. I looking to work in a career that would let me work my own hours, pay is decent, easy to learn. Can anyone make any suggestions? I really want to enjoy the next phase of my life....

Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 AM

2,365 posts, read 7,884,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Liz View Post
I have recently retired from a long career in Finance and Regulation. I looking to work in a career that would let me work my own hours, pay is decent, easy to learn. Can anyone make any suggestions? I really want to enjoy the next phase of my life....

I understand from a co-worker that pet sitting is fun and okay money!

look above, there is the med. trans. suggestion.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM

709 posts, read 1,216,637 times
medical transcription is a decent field but it is definitely not easy to learn.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 AM

2,365 posts, read 7,884,583 times
I have no idea, since even if people get on my nerves, I would go out of mind, without people!! I am not into dogs, cats, fish!

I like horses, to ride not to talk to!

I like buyers of my services, i.e. customers, since they keep food on my table, but I prefer to pay someone else to deal with buyers!

The problem with customer service jobs, is that sellors or sellor's agents don't get paid commission. If customer service people got commission they would be more enthusiastic.
If customer service people who deal with complaints or technical help got a percentage on top of their salary, they would be more enthused, especially if they along with top management got to interface with RD and came up with solutions that really solved people's problems!! Make it more of a team effort!

Having 100's of people complaining all day is no picnic and obviously any sane person would burn out quickly!!

Plus the system is set up all wrong! They need people on the ground, where people can bring their problems instead of trying to handle it over the phone!! I think face to face interactions cuts down on some of the anonymous complaining frustration! Plus it would increase people teaching each other, so the lines would get shorter since knowledgeable people would talk to those less knowledgeable! And then finally honesty! Let people know that you only have one tower in their neck of the woods and that service will be spotty and adjust their price accordingly. Get rid of these two year "I got you" plans!! etc., etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment