Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times

Advertisements

Most likely, the check will be no good and much larger than the purchases she needs to make.
The 'remainder' will be quite a large sum of money that she will send out of her own account.
By the time the check she deposited is found to be phoney, hers is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 05:39 PM

74 posts, read 307,936 times
This is a great big ole scam

Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,348 times
Long post and mercy-I don't know what to make of this

Well, there are two unscrupulous ideas that come to mind. First, to get paid, by direct deposit, she will have to give them her account number. That is one step away from getting into her account and withdrawing funds. They have her name, ss#, phone number, addr., ph. number, etc..

2nd, The person trying to make a living without working, can do is open accounts in her name, debit cards, credit cards, cell phone, etc...

3rd. They can create fake id, with her info.

4th People who work for online companies, where there is no office front property, NEED to first check with the better business bureau. Then ask them which state they are incorporated in. Then check the state to see if they are incorporated there. Then lastly don't do it, unless they have been in business for at least 10 years, and confirm this with your secretary of state. The company has to be incorporated and has to be registered in the state where your friend lives.

hope this helps.

good luck

Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 AM

98 posts, read 198,068 times
This is not only a scam, it is a crime--money laundering. Organized crime is responsible for these work from home with your computer fake jobs.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
I read this very very carefully, and not only do I feel 100% sure this is a scam, if you read carefully you will pick up on word phrases and expressions that clearly indicate the person writing to your friend is not a native English speaker. English is their second language.

AND - tip off - when asking about the TIME. They are in a very different time zone!

This phrase says it all: You are welcome to DELL COMPUTERS the place of Good Earning and Satisfaction. That is clearly not someone who uses English as their primary language.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,893,114 times
Fund transfers by Western Union???? SCAM! Red flag red flag red flag!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times
while this thread may help future people to NOT fall for the scam, it's a moot point for my friend because she laughed it off and never ever contacted them again. So this thread for all intents and purposes is dead.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,348 times
Yes, it the reason the person posted that very long dialogue, I assume was to help other people and confirm their own reasoning.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 1,630 times
uhm what if you go to the check and cash, doesn't that mean you got the cash for free?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,630 times
Hi, i thank you so much for posting the letter, i similary was contact by someone, by the name of cathy daniels, she had a website called camden.com. I so far gave my address, and cellphone number. I just don't understand one thing, the interview is done, but i was wondering even if they send you checks from money order, can't you cash it from check and cash outlets? I never gave my bank info, and the individual is still willing to send me money order cash.

if her name is cathy daniles, she shouldn't be making spelling mistakes., i just wanted to post this if anyone else ends up reading this forum, she seems to be pasting things in the IM, i copied and pasted her text here, and led me to this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment