U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,787,337 times
Default What's the best home party company to sell for?

I've sold a few things in the past through home party plans. I was a rubber stamping demonstrator for a few years and that was fun but I got tired of hauling around so much stuff! I've also sold Pampered Chef and that was okay but there are a lot of consultants in my area. Years ago I sold for a company similar to Home Interiors and really enjoyed that. I've been looking online for companies that I might be interested in selling for. Do any of you have any suggestions???? Thanks!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 AM

1,893 posts, read 4,146,372 times
Not sure, but I'd start at the direct seller's association website. Not sure of the link, but that's how my friend found her niche selling jewelry.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:38 PM

11 posts, read 104,023 times
Here's a link-
Find Party Plan Reps :: Search for a local Home Party Plan Rep or Consultant

Old 02-24-2009, 11:30 PM

27 posts, read 150,321 times
A few years ago I worked in the offices of a company called Sensaria. I didn't do the selling - we processed the orders - but if I were ever to go that route, I would seriously consider them. They make wonderful natural body products, and have a great philosophy. There's also the appeal of selling renewable products - things that run out and have to be reordered. I only need so many candles or food storage containers, but if I've found the perfect face cream, chances are I'm going to order more when I run out, right?? Just sayin'... Good luck with whatever line you decide on.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:46 PM

119 posts, read 402,024 times
Georgiainmt:

I have been with Tupperware for the past 26 years full time. I am an executive director in charge of team development and training. Tupperware has had 10 consecutive quarters of growth and we are now working on the 11th! It is a very exciting time to be part of this company. Fortune Magazine just recognized our product as #3 in the Household goods category. Good Housekeeping has recognized 2 of our products as a "best buy". Ice Tea and Brooke Shields have recently hosting Tupperware parties in Hollywood which brought Tupperware free national print recognition.. PLUS we are an environmental company. Tupperware was "green" before it was cool. Everyone is concerned about the environment and we have the products that are the reusable not the toss away. We also just developed a new line of teas, cookware, spices and towels. We are not "your mother's Tupperware!"

Tupperware allows you to have a team without borders and have lifetime residual income. As you can see, I am passionate about the plan and the product. Check us out! You will not be disappointed.

I will be glad to answer any questions.

As reported recently on MSNBC direct sales is the way to go in these economic times.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:11 PM

21 posts, read 221,931 times
Please look at Private Quarters. We have awesome growth in these down times. We are still small enough that you can have contact with the pres. if you need to. www.myprivatequarters.com and leadership is a piece of cake...that is where the real $$ is. No matter what you do, find out the average sale/party...your commission...what it takes to attain leadership and the career plan. With PQ you can earn over $800 as a new consultant with 4 shows. Send me a pm for more info. you go girl! i love direct sales!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,232,133 times
A friend of mine works for Lia Sophia and really likes them. I'm not much of a fan but she REALLY likes them and apparently the perks are great.

Whooooo Tupperpatr ! I love Tupperware ! LOL My all-time favorite are those little microwavable soup cups http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_co de=4000&fv_item_number=P10057698000

Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM

21 posts, read 221,931 times
Direct Sellers Association
www.dsa.org
Good Luck deciding!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:42 PM

2,365 posts, read 7,596,214 times
Okay, I'll bite...

So, what is direct sales?

Does this mean that you go around to people's homes or get your co-workers to buy your products?

or

do you sell to businesses, like home depot?

thanks!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,036,204 times
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble and I say go for it if you find the right gig. But be very wary. Many Direct Seller organizations are scams. Not all, but many. But, more importantly, home parties and direct selling all involve discretionary income. In today's climate, most aren't spending on discretionary items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment