Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 AM

309 posts, read 1,026,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Actually I fed it to you. Bon appetite.
The rate is over 80% even if you dont agree or like it.
The rate is 21%, no matter what you believe. FACTS outweigh loons on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 10:42 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgtfc View Post
The rate is 21%, no matter what you believe. FACTS outweigh loons on the internet.
Perhaps you should just stick to your boring ol office job. You know nothing about the economy or anything for that matter. And here you are trying to give people false information. That sucks because some people might believe you. Not that it matters either way. Dont even bother, my ignore button just got a new name to it.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Well, He can't see this, but not that it matters as it would just turn into a game of "nuh-uh". This is for those other people that might take this guy seriously or don't know what to look out for when it comes to facts.

This guy has an axe to grind. He has gone around on this forum in several places quoting this number and refusing to give even one site that says 80%. I've looked myself with multiple google searches (and I am pretty good at it) and have found nothing. The Labor Dept of the U.S says 21% last month. If it over tripled in number, it would be somewhere in the news. It isn't.

So who do you believe? The government in something that would be pointless to lie (not to mention violating the sunshine laws or free information act), or a conspiracy nutjob that instead of providing a link (which he can't because there isn't one out there), puts me on his ignore list?

I just wonder how much of the economy he thinks he learned from fishing.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Ignore the stats..what's the point anyhow?
Stay positive. Someone is getting a job today...could be you!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Ignore the stats..what's the point anyhow?
Stay positive.
I agree, but lying to make it seem worse than it is doesn't contribute anything.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgtfc View Post
I agree, but lying to make it seem worse than it is doesn't contribute anything.

Even if 90% of the country is unemployed, does that justify sitting around crying about it?

I still have to pay my bills, I still have to hustle to find a job, I still have to go on.

Let all the naysayers and doom clouders and 'negative' people enjoy 'stats.' It really doesn't matter...you have to go on.

People can spin this recession anyway they want...we still have to live--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment