Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:18 AM

42 posts, read 79,514 times

Advertisements

PMed you the name of my city. I know nothing about Dongtan. Sorry!

I will say that the internet at my apartment isn't faster than my old internet back in the States (it's pretty fast, but definitely not faster). I think that's a bit of a myth. They just had fast internet FIRST. They never had dial-up. Internet adoption also happened faster here, and it's way cheap. My internet might not be faster than my old cable internet, but it's about $50 cheaper a month! (I pay $7. That's less than the taxes on my U.S. internet.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 04:35 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,751,683 times
I wonder if the OP went through with it.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:03 PM

550 posts, read 1,351,275 times
I subscribed to a few youtube users who currently teach english in South Korea. Their videos are usually about the korean culture. They have several videos of their experiences as an english teacher there. Great people too.

Here are the two users I'm subscribed to:

simonandmartina: YouTube - simonandmartina's Channel
- They are a Canadian couple who teach english in South Korea. They have their own website where they blog and post their youtube videos. They also have videos of their english lessons that are fun and effective.

qiranger: YouTube - qiranger's Channel
- He's from Arizona. I find him to be very wise and quirky. He's done videos on understanding the types of schools and understanding teaching contracts.

You might be able to contact them for more info regarding teaching overseas.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:35 PM

42 posts, read 79,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guile42 View Post
First of all there is always a possibility to terminate any employees contract with any cause, but some companies have their own policies, like for example filing a termination or exit of job at least a month and without any airfare transport or either they will collection your allowance because of unaccomplishment of finishing the contract., However, you worries is not a big deal, one you got your job thru employment agency, it is the agencies problem to deal with their company client with regards to any of their employees. In related to the agency, some agency might sue you bt it will go through a long way, unless that they are earning big profit from your services. From your last q, yes there is other countries according to their labor law that should provide airway ticket to their employees, like in the middles eastern countries.

Yeah, this obviously doesn't take into account anything about Korea or the way it works.

Nobody's going to sue anyone for leaving a contract. What they are going to do is withhold pay (you always get paid about 10 days behind what you work), airfare, and other monies (pension funds will be locked down, security deposits will be lost, etc).

According to Korean law, they owe a ticket out, but if you break the contract, they can get around paying for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment