Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:09 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
well that would not be intuition.... but I am sure you will get it!! You should know by Tuesday afternoon!!

well, i am going to canada soon and i have to find a cheap place to stay...so back to la search.

I remember hearing something about Wednesday when I was speaking to the HR person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I remember hearing something about Wednesday when I was speaking to the HR person.

yes, yes,,, but! my intuition says Tuesday!! so lets wait and we shall see..!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
yes, yes,,, but! my intuition says Tuesday!! so lets wait and we shall see..!
I was one of the first applicants they interviewed because the day after the job was posted I was scheduled for a interview the next. That's why he told me they have more people to interview.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
Quote:
I was one of the first applicants they interviewed because the day after the job was posted I was scheduled for a interview the next. That's why he told me they have more people to interview.

Well, my crystal ball has only failed me a few times...hmm we shall see!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:45 PM

710 posts, read 1,961,289 times
I think you should start as many threads as you want to. It does keep things lively.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:00 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordy View Post
I think you should start as many threads as you want to. It does keep things lively.
I can't wait to see how interesting his threads will be once he finds a new job and starts working.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 PM

50 posts, read 173,045 times
Why not just make a twitter account.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
I can't wait to see how interesting his threads will be once he finds a new job and starts working.
I don't think 64 stupid questions to prove your not gonna get job is a good thread to start though.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:20 AM

1,450 posts, read 4,251,769 times
Quote:
The interviewer takes you to meet the HR Manager so that she can explain the benefits that the company has to offer.

While I was in there she went into detail about the dental coverage and health plan and then said ask do I have any additional questions for her about the benefits?

I thought this type of information was only explained when you have been HIRED??

Maybe she gave you details about the dental coverage because you have bad teeth!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:47 AM

412 posts, read 939,184 times
Quote:
I dont' know who said this, but some wise poster said, each situation is different...! but they are not so different that you need a compass each time you head out for an interivew.

If they don't bring up salary and benefits that is not a sign of anything. It just means they didn't bring it up.

There is no norm, since each business can run its affairs they way they choose.

The last attorneys I worked for, made up things as they went, when it came to hiring employees or vendors. Why? because most of their employees were friends of friends, and they only had a few employees and a few vendors.

You only need a standard when it is a large company, and even then each company is different.

Some give department heads a lot of authority and some don't , etc., etc.

just have to scratch your head...and be patient! but, psssst,, I could usually tell if I got the job at the interview. Maybe i have a better or cleaner crystal ball than you!

don't know..;-)
I agree with the above post. I've had interviews where an itinerary was provided, and a meeting with HR regarding benefits was right on the itinerary. So, that meeting was just part of their interview process. I've also had interviews where benefits weren't mentioned at all. They were mentioned in the job offer letter, though. So, it doesn't mean anything. It just depends on the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment