Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,847 times

Advertisements

I was in MA about 12 years ago made some money and watched some friends make some money also. I probably would still be in MA today if we didn't have a divorce happen in our upline.

If you liked MA marketing plan i.e. the binary system but are done with Market America check out
https://www.isxperia.com/batgirl

Very similair to Market America with Free memberships and it looks like it can be built on the internet.

Christine and Michael Hoffman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,728 times
My dealings with Market America have been great. I will never stop taking the OPC-3.. It has relived my arthites in my hands.. Check out [url=http://www.mahealthnut.com]themartins - Market America :: Built on Product. Powered by People.[/url] Thats where I go

Old 01-21-2010, 02:15 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,801,885 times
I don't understand why this thread is even still active - to me it looks like pages and pages of (mostly) people desperately trying to promote a "product" (ie. Market America).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought THAT would fall under "advertsising' which is against TOS

Old 01-21-2010, 02:23 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,807,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I don't understand why this thread is even still active - to me it looks like pages and pages of (mostly) people desperately trying to promote a "product" (ie. Market America).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought THAT would fall under "advertsising' which is against TOS
I've reported a ton of those posts. Not sure why they still remain.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:05 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,456,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've reported a ton of those posts. Not sure why they still remain.
Mostly they are responsive, rather than pure advertising. We all have an interest in the subject or we wouldn't be subscribed to the thread, eh?
You could just ignore the bumps . . .

Old 01-24-2010, 09:31 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,391,792 times
My mom joined back in '97 and quit after three months and few years later someone tried to get me involved, but I changed my mind. I went to a few of the MA meetings and the people were a bunch of lunatics. You'll hear stuff like "a job stands for just over broke," and "the products sell themselves." It basically thrives on the idea of easy money, which doesn't exist. My mom says she wishes she had the money back she spent, because you do have to buy a certain amount of products to stay in. As far as the products, they are not cheap, you can find the same thing cheaper at any supplement warehouse. MA likes to say there is very little time involved, but this too is bull****. It starts out as a weekly meeting, but soon there's the "oh then there's a meeting next Saturday, and don't forget we have our monthly meeting three hours away on the 23rd", and "you really need to be at our quarterly meeting 5 hours away on the 30th, we can car pull and split a hotel room if you'd like." Now keep in mind this is before you make your millions of dollars so more than likely you're working a fulltime job, see where your free time goes? The woman that signed up my mom and everyone else in town is still living in the same small house she did back in '97, so the people making money are way up the ladder.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:06 PM

550 posts, read 1,350,487 times
Market America is pretty much a pyramid scheme. They do have celebrities endorsing them but I'm sure those celebrities were paid well for it.

I have friends that have worked with Market America only to not achieve any success. I went to a meeting where everyone seemed like they had a hidden agenda. I really don't know who buys their products. If a product is really that great, it will sell it self from word of mouth and not from salesman.

This is what really peeved me about Market America - There was a email sent out to their salesman, which was shown to me during a meeting, that said that 'MARKET AMERICA WILL OVERTAKE AMAZON AS THE #1 ONLINE RETAILER'.

LOL

Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,801,885 times
It sounds like every other MLM (or network marketing scheme), the top 2% may make some big bucks but the balance are lucky if they break even and most actually lose money.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It sounds like every other MLM (or network marketing scheme), the top 2% may make some big bucks but the balance are lucky if they break even and most actually lose money.
Isn't that true for any field of effort? I bet not many of my former fellow employees (duPont, Westinghouse, Huffy) are financially fit today.
Some old social security figures say that out of 100 people I started working with, 1 is rich, 4 are comfortably retired, 26 are dead, 5 are still working,the rest are broke.
"retired by now"

Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
Market America is pretty much a pyramid scheme. They do have celebrities endorsing them but I'm sure those celebrities were paid well for it.
Yes, that is what celebrities do. A pyramid scheme is an illegal operation where what drives the system is the application fee. That is not the case with MA.
Quote:
I have friends that have worked with Market America only to not achieve any success.
If not this, then what? Accept your place in life, I guess?
Quote:
If a product is really that great, it will sell it self from word of mouth and not from salesman.
Well, that is pretty much the plan. Use the products and let people know if it is beneficial. BTW, distributors are not employees, but independent business owners.
Quote:
This is what really peeved me about Market America - There was a email sent out to their salesman, which was shown to me during a meeting, that said that 'MARKET AMERICA WILL OVERTAKE AMAZON AS THE #1 ONLINE RETAILER'.
LOL
What 'peeves' you about that?
Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide | Top 500 Retail Websites List (http://www.internetretailer.com/top500/list.asp - broken link)
They are in the top 500 now. Granted, Amazon is up at $20 Billion, which is quite a way to go.
Just remember, AL Williams grew up to be CitiBank and provided financial services worldwide. It could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment