Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 06:26 PM

28 posts, read 83,297 times

Advertisements

I'm working on a resume and cover letter that I would like to post on-line for job search purposes. I feel I can make them both pretty clear to what I am looking for and hoping to find.

For the ideal job I am willing to relocate, (Actually I'm hoping to) but I am pretty open as to where so I would like to find a national database that I could post my resume and cover letter on and see what comes of it.

The field I'm in is a high-needs area so while the current state of the economy will affect my employment search, I'm sure I'll always be able to find someone that could utilize my skills and experience.

Is there a national database that anyone is aware of? Which is the best one if there is more than 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 06:47 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,115 times
Try Jobcentral. It's a national labor exchange database of both jobs and resumes.
Jobs not ads | Employer-owned Job Search Engine | JobCentral

Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restam View Post
I'm working on a resume and cover letter that I would like to post on-line for job search purposes. I feel I can make them both pretty clear to what I am looking for and hoping to find.

For the ideal job I am willing to relocate, (Actually I'm hoping to) but I am pretty open as to where so I would like to find a national database that I could post my resume and cover letter on and see what comes of it.

The field I'm in is a high-needs area so while the current state of the economy will affect my employment search, I'm sure I'll always be able to find someone that could utilize my skills and experience.

Is there a national database that anyone is aware of? Which is the best one if there is more than 1?

yes! u.s.a.dot gov...

or you can go to my thread posted below and it is there as well as many other national databases....

the obvious ones are u.s.a.gov, career builder, monster, ideal, etc...

Old 03-27-2009, 06:24 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
DO NOT JUST POST YOUR RESUME WILLY NILLY!!!

A) You will get more spam than anything
B) There are enough people not working and applying everywhere that most companies are not using universal searches for resumes
C) YOU WILL GET MORE SPAM THAN GOOD JOB OFFERS!!

Posting your resume does not give you flexibility in changing your resume for specific positions (using keywords to attract potential hiring managers or resume software) You need to a) have several resumes for different job types and b) without lying make your resume look like you are answering a job ad directly.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment