U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 PM

7 posts, read 38,773 times
Default Job Shadowing

Can I put job shadowing on my resume?

In this case, I would do job shadowing for a month.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 AM

2,365 posts, read 7,641,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpurwasabda View Post
Can I put job shadowing on my resume?

In this case, I would do job shadowing for a month.

Yes. of course... If you did something. Did you copy papers, provide information, research a question, turn the lights on in the office....

If you just looked and did nothing...which i doubt, since it nearly impossible to learn without doing...then it would be harder to use that as job experience....Instead I would put that under education!

good luck

Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 AM

359 posts, read 743,464 times
Wow, that's a word I haven't heard in 5 years. I have done job shadowing from my senior year in High School up to my last semester in college. Putting job shadowing on your resume is definately a way to go. It shows the hiring manager that you observed the company's day to day operations, and you have a better understanding of what is going on.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
Wow, that's a word I haven't heard in 5 years. I have done job shadowing from my senior year in High School up to my last semester in college. Putting job shadowing on your resume is definately a way to go. It shows the hiring manager that you observed the company's day to day operations, and you have a better understanding of what is going on.

Would you tell me more about your job shadowing experience. Was this run by an outside organization, high school, college or government?

thnx.

Last edited by gea12345; 04-01-2009 at 10:24 AM..

Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 PM

359 posts, read 743,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Would you tell me more about your job shadowing experience. Was this run by an outside organization, high school, college or government?

thnx.
The job shadowing was through my High School as a requirement for my Senior Exit Project, which in order to graduate, you must present to a class of Juniors and Seniors your future career . And my last one was through my college from my transition from school to work.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM

7 posts, read 38,773 times
thank you guys. I expect to do job shadowing at Msft.
^^
I think it is good on my resume.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
The job shadowing was through my High School as a requirement for my Senior Exit Project, which in order to graduate, you must present to a class of Juniors and Seniors your future career . And my last one was through my college from my transition from school to work.

Do you mind telling me about it...like did you have set hours, did you work with different people or the same person. How did you find the position, or did someone find it for you, did you have to sign a shawdow contract. For example i have to sign a internship contract, that I will show up on time, keep confidential material confidential, do a good job, etc, etc..
And has it come up on interviews and how did people react to it.

I have known job shawdowing but just for one day and that was at Deloitte and touche and Wells fargo bank...it usually it is highschool students, whose parents work there.

But, I have never heard of job shadowing for a month or three months...i have to say it sounds kinda boring..why not just get an internship??

Curious in Phila...

thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment