Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:01 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,897,991 times

Advertisements

This thread seems to have really been blown out of proportion. Without reading all 11 pages, it seems to me that Loveboating has been raked over the coals a bit too harshly. Go back and read his first few posts in the thread. I don't read about any threats of violence or raving like a bloody lunatic. There was a misunderstanding and perhaps he should have been more diplomatic about it. But jeez people, 11-pages of back and forth character assassination is hardly necessary.

oops, make that 12-pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 03:06 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Another nice person in CD I see! I'm not threatening anyone, I'm just simply different than you and some others on this Thread and you folks just don't like the word "different". I made comments in one Thread about how I don't like tattoos AND I heard about my "dislike of tattoos" from numerous folks who like/love them. I'm not so-called "unhinged" or anything like that. Just where do you folks, that don't like my personality, come off "bullying" me now?????? Oh, whatever!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
In today's very antagonistic, easily unhinged population, where we have people, whether they are employed or not, walking into schools, employment agencies, post offices, day cares, etc. for a person, to "go off" is risking a lot. Right now your only problem is you're unemployed and having a difficult time making ends meet, with the type of attitude and personality traits "loveboating" is displaying, or alleges to display, you could very easily end up arrested for disturbing the peace, possible terroristic threat, or whatever else they wanted to trump up at that day and time. I stated it two weeks ago about a guy that ranted on Craigslist about his house being foreclosed on by city taxes in a little city just outside of San Antonio, claimed "over my dead body" Next thing he knows, county sheriffs arrest him for making terroristic threats. So, go ahead, have your Macho pride and show off that your dignity has been bruised, let some office worker that you will never see again know that they wasted your valuable unemployed time. One of these days, someone will get the wrong idea about your "venting" and the police will have you behind bars for cooling off, your wife will be bailing you out with money you already don't have and you will have a lot more to be upset about. The world is too short, too small, too volatile to let small insignificant circumstances take away what we should value in our lives. The question is, What did you gain by doing what you did? benefit? nothing right. Pride goeth before a fall. Make the rent payment with pride. How many months does that pay for?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,833,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
This thread seems to have really been blown out of proportion. Without reading all 11 pages, it seems to me that Loveboating has been raked over the coals a bit too harshly. Go back and read his first few posts in the thread. I don't read about any threats of violence or raving like a bloody lunatic. There was a misunderstanding and perhaps he should have been more diplomatic about it. But jeez people, 11-pages of back and forth character assassination is hardly necessary.

oops, make that 12-pages.
I didn't say he "did it" the statement was, how easily it goes from one to the other.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,833,069 times
Come on now, read his own commentary to other people that have had problems with HR people from back in February.

Quote:
02-17-2009, 06:51 AM
LoveBoating Senior Member befriend
1,982 posts, read 1,217,022 times
People LIGHTEN UP!! This is a very different "day and age" of interviewing and (don't you think) HR people know what they are saying/asking during an interview? They know what the Laws are for interviewing, but in "this day and age" they just say/ask what they want! I don't always agree with things said/asked during an interview (even my own interviews), but there's nothing that can be done! Right or wrong, good or bad, this is just the way it is! HR Managers/Depts aren't stupid when it comes to "interviewing Laws", but........

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Come on now, read his own commentary to other people that have had problems with HR people from back in February.
hmm you can't get away from sinsativ....speed racer...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,897,991 times
My comments weren't directed an anyone in particular, sinsativ. Just the overall attacking tone of the thread.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
You couldn't be more right! I still am in touch with the recruiter who found me my current job back in 2007. He himself had been laid off by the company he works for, but as soon as his non-compete ends, he is opening his own agency. When that happens, I am one of the first in his database. And I can continue to count on him as someone who will continuously look out for my best interests as he had in the past. Like you, I don't understand the bad attitude. It is cutting your nose to spite your face.

Hi there, I just want to know the name of the agency, I want a legitimate one that will really look for a job for me. I am an RN I need an entry level job. Thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 05:16 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedRN View Post
Hi there, I just want to know the name of the agency, I want a legitimate one that will really look for a job for me. I am an RN I need an entry level job. Thanks

Don't know the answer, but my suggestion is to get hired by a training hospital who pay you to learn!! Delaware has a couple hospitals who offer this program!! And yes, you will have to stick it out for one or two years OR get hired by an agency on the islands!!

good luck!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,893,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedRN View Post
Recruiter is in Charlotte and local only, as well as staffing finance and IT professionals only. Sorry.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
An agency called me yesterday about a job that came into them. It was a position in Purchasing that I do qualify for/have experience in. The lady that called, found my resume on a job website. We made an appointment for the next day (today). I got there looking good (shirt/tie/slacks) and filled out all the paperwork for Background Check, etc.. Was telling another interviewer (not the one who called me) about my experience and she looked at me and said, "Well, we will let you know when we have something come in that matches your experience." I looked at her and said, "Listen, you folks called me about a job opening that you have, I didn't just show up here to give you my resume!" I also said, "I didn't make this appointment just so I could have my resume put into your computer data base, I'm here because you folks called me about a job. So, please give my resume to the company that has the opening you called me about!"
I have no idea what this popular agency was trying to pull, but I "called them" on it!!
Actually, a similar situation happen to her with an agency, but she didn't think about saying anything to them about calling her about a job in the first place.
This happened to anyone else??? It really sort of pissed me off!
I completely understand. I had that happen to me a few times this year also and I was livid.

However, knowing that they may still have some ability to find me a job, I just thanked them for their time and help and followed up later. Never heard anything back from any of them, though. But yeah, real annoying. What they had me come all the way down to their office for (in bad traffic and having to pay to park in a garage) could have easily been accomplished over the phone.

I'm actually avoiding some placement agencies as they don't seem to provide much help these days. I think they are just trying to add you to their database. And its damned annoying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment