Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

I received a email this morning saying that they received my resume and that they would like to have me come in for a interview on April 20th or April 24th from 9am to 2:30pm. And told me who I will be interviewing with and to either email or call back to confirm what interview time works best for me.

The problem is I don't know what position this interview is for because it was not mentioned in the email. So do I email them back asking what position is this for? I checked my email sent box and can't find anything. I'm not sure if this is a interview I want to go to because I do I lot of resume testing and fake apply to job ads so I can see if I get a reply back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I received a email this morning saying that they received my resume and that they would like to have me come in for a interview on April 20th or April 24th from 9am to 2:30pm. And told me who I will be interviewing with and to either email or call back to confirm what interview time works best for me.

The problem is I don't know what position this interview is for because it was not mentioned in the email. So do I email them back asking what position is this for? I checked my email sent box and can't find anything.

I agree, very annoying...how people can be very sloppy in their emails, which I think stems from their wish for annoymity!

But to answer your question, i have had this happen once. She gave me very little informaiton, just the suite number and the address and the time.

So, i would email them back and request name of interviewer, address, suite number and phone number in case of emergency and give them your choice of date!

good luck!!

then do a Reverse look up for the company name after you have the address!!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
I agree, very annoying...how people can be very sloppy in their emails, which I think stems from their wish for annoymity!

But to answer your question, i have had this happen once. She gave me very little informaiton, just the suite number and the address and the time.

So, i would email them back and request name of interviewer, address, suite number and phone number in case of emergency and give them your choice of date!

good luck!!

The person gave me the name of the interviewer, address, and time and phone number. My problem is I don't know what position the interview is for-lol

Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The person gave me the name of the interviewer, address, and time and phone number. My problem is I don't know what position the interview is for-lol

personally, i would not ask, and just do reverse look up and find out the name of the company. And once i have the name of the company, i would type the name in my hotmail account and my job inquiry should pop up.

since as i mentioned before, i have all of my job inquirys saved on my hotmail account!!

if it is a blind account, like on craigs list, then you can 1) swing it when you get there or 2) call and ask them!

pssst... i would not email them this question, since if they take awhile to get back to you, you will get annoyed and frustrated waiting for the response! where on the other hand, if you call, the chances are that several people can possibly answer your question.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
personally, i would not ask, and just do reverse look up and find out the name of the company. And once i have the name of the company, i would type the name in my hotmail account and my job inquiry should pop up.

since as i mentioned before, i have all of my job inquirys saved on my hotmail account!!

Yeah I will just go to the website. The person who sent that email should be fired for not providing accurate details. Incomplete emails are unacceptable to me. I haven't even touch my lunch because I really want to know what position is this for.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:18 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,898,900 times
Why is this so difficult and likely to grow another third eye. If they sent you an email, then you should have the domain name of the company- maryjane@companyname.com. If it's from a personal (yahoo, hotmail, etc) domain then reply and ask for more specifics.

Go to the company's website and look to see if they have job postings. Frankly, it sounds to me like you've received an email from a placement agency hoping that you'll hire them to "help" with your job search.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
Why is this so difficult and likely to grow another third eye. If they sent you an email, then you should have the domain name of the company- maryjane@companyname.com. If it's from a personal (yahoo, hotmail, etc) domain then reply and ask for more specifics.

Go to the company's website and look to see if they have job postings. Frankly, it sounds to me like you've received an email from a placement agency hoping that you'll hire them to "help" with your job search.

I went to the company webste but they don't have a job posting section. Just the home page, mission statement,, services, provided, program statistics, contact us, and employee login. Now I'm really confused. Going by the company's email, I never sent them a email directly from my business account. So I'm confused as to where and how they received my resume.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,898,900 times
If you have it posted on any of the job boards, they got it from there. Either ignore them or send them a thanks but no thanks email.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
They probably tracked you down through C/D, saw how insightful, professional and willing to work you are and just HAD to have you as an employee

If you have the name of the person interviewing you try looking them up on LinkedIn or Google and see what they do at the company. From that you may be able to determine the position or at least what that hiring manager could be looking for in an employee or if it's even worth your time.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
If you have it posted on any of the job boards, they got it from there. Either ignore them or send them a thanks but no thanks email.

But in that case I would think the email would say-"we saw your resume on..." They are saying received. I hope it's not the case where someone I know forwarded my resume and forgot to tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search