U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:14 PM

4,793 posts, read 8,582,872 times

Advertisements

Are there secret Blacklisting Networks? Like a website, database, or secret society that tells employers or recruiters not to hire or promote someone or endorse their business?

I'm really thinking these exist! My aunt has personal faults I don't like, but she tried to sue one of her accounting places she worked at and then she found it extremely hard to get an accounting job... So I think she was blacklisted for even attempting to try an employment lawsuit!

So if you're an HR or upper level person can you let us in on this? Just say what they do & etc... I'm guessing blacklisting exists for every industry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 10:23 PM

329 posts, read 486,379 times
I've posted exactly the same question a few weeks ago. It just seems weird that recruiters don't call back, when they did so in the past....

Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 PM

2,365 posts, read 7,866,818 times
No, there are No Secret Blacklists.

We all judge people. Like on Big Brother or any of those pseudo real life t.v. shows, people get kicked off the island.

Now, you have competitors you don't see, who want the same job you want. One person wins, the other 499 lose.

This economy is a situation where only one person gets to stay on the island and eveyone else gets voted off!

hope that helps! ;-)

Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 AM

6,586 posts, read 16,580,531 times
There is such a group for nurses in Dallas called Group One that compiles information about nurses that prospective employers can check.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 AM

16,310 posts, read 14,774,445 times
It's call 'word of mouth', it exists, and it cannot be proved.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 AM

5,527 posts, read 6,123,581 times
Actually there is..........

http://blatherreview.mu.nu/archives/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

In all seriousness unless the industry itself has an incestuous nature or everyone knows everyone then there is no real "blacklist" but if you are bad enough and make enough of a fool of yourself then mostly likely people can find out about you.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 AM

2,365 posts, read 7,866,818 times
Another reason to be suspicious of Texas and their human rights record.

;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
There is such a group for nurses in Dallas called Group One that compiles information about nurses that prospective employers can check.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 PM

4,793 posts, read 8,582,872 times
What about an Engineering Blacklist? I'm wondering why it's hard for me to get a Chicago Engineering Job!

Old 04-22-2009, 02:04 PM

516 posts, read 1,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What about an Engineering Blacklist? I'm wondering why it's hard for me to get a Chicago Engineering Job!
Because we at the Chicago Trilateral engineers commission sit around the table (in a secret room within the hidden lair we call home) and discuss prospective employees and applicants in detail. We have pictures, lists and lists of pros and cons, and even DNA samples regarding said applicants, and if there is so much as a minor negative attached to the person, His/Her application goes in the trash faster than the record of a First Class with a 3.2 eval at a chief selection board.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,585,601 times
Professional networks, though large are very closely intertwined and you never know who knows who. So it's not good to **** someone off at any level. There may not be any official lists, but if your name gets around in some negative light it could kill your carreer in that industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment