Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobular View Post
Hire a private investigator to call your former employers.

Then sue them if they give a reference that would prevent you from getting a job.

Pretty easy. A lot of these people are on power trips or
will say negative things about people who are more talented than they are -- just to stop them from getting a job.

It's also common for people to be blacklisted if they pointed out a crime or other malfeasance at their former employer. Employers don't like that -- and will be extremely retaliatory if you so much as point out the SMALLEST infraction. Again, control freaks.

Eventually, what goes around, comes around.

Find a career in which you can be self-employed and change your name. Now you're going on your own merit and talent.

Works for me!
I have heard about those companies that will call and see what your former employer will say about you.

You are right though. What goes around, comes around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 AM

372 posts, read 521,823 times
I was blacklisted by a former manager several years ago who I had a falling out over being written up over an incident despite having followed our company's policy and procedure. I had already had my resignation letter ready to turn in because the organization was basically going to hell in a handbasket and I pulled it out and handed it to him/her and said: "Here is my two week notice. I'm leaving". A week after I left both my secretary and person doing my data entry were fired, which convinced me if I hadn't left when I did, I would have been fired, too. The company was in deep trouble financially and was looking for any
reason they could, to trim their payrolls. Anyway, I applied for a job several years ago online with a similar company and received an immediate callback. I was talking to the HR Rep, when the name of my former manager somehow came up and she got all excited and told me he/she was working for them. She scheduled an interview---only to call me back minutes later with the following terse statement: "The position has been filled".

I wanted to tell her: "Sure it has, Honey. And I'm the Easter Bunny".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment