Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 08:40 AM

285 posts, read 426,824 times

Advertisements

My co-workers don't like because I am a introvert and also not a team player i guess ( not valley girl friendly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 09:16 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
The majority of my working years (starting back in the 60s) offered favorable comradery with my coworkers; the few who were difficult to work with could make the day difficult but I preferred to focus on those with better attitudes.

Of course at the time those who chose to bring negativity to work could at times cause tension and stress; looking back now (which is of course is much easier) none of it damaged my years in the workforce.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:06 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,582,084 times
Been there done that and left as quickly as I could. made it about two years before I stopped trying to gel and started planning my exit. Similar situation where they just perpetuated drama and had questionable work ethics and morals. Lied to clients faces, asked me to cover things up etc and when I refused they decided to make my life miserable. Best decision I made was to leave that place.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:34 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
I generally don't like my co-workers that well, either. Usually when I suddenly find that I do, it means the business is about to go under!

That has happened twice now.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:03 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post
My co-workers don't like because I am a introvert and also not a team player i guess ( not valley girl friendly).
Same here and now one is mad at me because I "ignored her" when she made a comment. I tune her out because I do not care to hear about her life stories and issues. She thinks she is so important. Nobody cares about the crap she talks about. I'm glad she's not talking Good Riddance.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:01 PM

285 posts, read 224,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by km_wish_star View Post
It may seem cynical, but when I go to work I go to make money, not friends. People at work are associates and I try to get along with them, cooperate and be part of a good work environment... but I'm there to *work* not play, chat and goof off.
I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, in many workplaces that means you're not a "team player." You are supposed to maintain the appearance that you would actually have something to do with your coworkers besides the sole reason of being paid to deal with them (i.e. you have to pretend to be friends). It's a joke and distracts from the whole point of being there, which is to get a job done.

Last edited by Old Sol; 07-15-2017 at 08:10 PM..

Old 07-15-2017, 08:03 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I don't know what to say. I just cannot stand them. NONE of them have any integrity nor leadership ability.

I think their whole purpose for comming to work is to gossip and form their little clicks or something.

Of course I am sure none of them like me neither because I refuse to get involved with their childish nonsense.

I can remember the days in which I worked with high caliber people that were not afraid of getting things done. I long for those days to work with "adults" again........

I do find it wierd that I just cannot "gel" with my coworkers after a year. I cannot deal with people that do not have integrity.

I am trying to avoid sounding like a snob but I've been exposed to lots of wonderful things in life and based on listening to my coworkers it seems as if 100% of them came from "the streets". I guess that's why we are never on the same page. Although I have a great understadning of their former lifestyle, I think they don't understand anything other than that way of life.

Has anyone ever had a job in which you did not "gel" with anyone you work with?
I hate management and my coworkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment