Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,023,366 times

Advertisements

Our paper offers them for free thanks to the recession. What do you guys think of them (especially you people in hiring positions). Would you read them and take the person seriously?
Could this be a good tool, even just to network?
I'm surprised to only see about 10 in there each week..Anyhow, what do you think?
Waste of time? Putting you on the target for scammers? Good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 09:20 PM

64 posts, read 208,435 times
You are up in the land of the Green Mountains if I recall. No pun, but how about a network group that tries to draw on green technology and/or living? I was just thinking tonight that if a networked group of like-minded people could put their heads together, there may be a way to create a company if the group has a desire to do such. The motivation of people helping people that way could be a nice synergy? Perhaps this is the stuff of partnerships and all that legalese category. Anyway, people of various talents brainstorming may be able to help each other succeed if they all want to commit to a company. I just do not know. This is what entrepeneurs have a flair for I bet.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:37 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,495,863 times
Funny you should ask that as I happened to glance at the "Employment Wanted" column in our local newspaper the other day and it reminded me of how (not TOO many years ago) it was quite commonplace for people seeking a job to put their own ad into the paper but that the practice has all but faded away. Maybe because the internet has taken over?

Where I live we tend to rely somewhat less on the internet than the "norm" at least thus far (technological innovations and improvements tend to take a while to reach us!) Heck, if the newspaper is offering you the opportunity to place your own ad for free what on earth are you waiting for? You're far less likely to get scammed/spammed through an ad in a local newspaper than on the internet and that would be the last thing that would cross my mind. Good luck!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 AM

295 posts, read 1,176,457 times
A local radio station here in Portland is recording short resumes of people and playing them on the air throughout the day. I think that it is a great idea.

Today people need to think ouside the box to get a job!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,402,852 times
What a great idea. I wish someone in Atlanta would do this.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,023,366 times
Thanks for the feedback. I think it is becoming more common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment