Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times

Advertisements

I am going to quit my job tomorrow. Several reasons...Unprofessional, they lie, they are too demanding, and they do a lot of reverse discrimination. Can't take it any more. I just don't know how to bring it up. I want to tell them everything that is wrong so they can fix it (I have been there 7 months and 10 people have quit or been fired)
THoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,863 times
Make sure you have a new job lined up before you quit.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
I am going to quit my job tomorrow. Several reasons...Unprofessional, they lie, they are too demanding, and they do a lot of reverse discrimination. Can't take it any more. I just don't know how to bring it up. I want to tell them everything that is wrong so they can fix it (I have been there 7 months and 10 people have quit or been fired)
THoughts?
If you really want to leave, give your two weeks notice and be done with it. No need to tell them what's wrong. They already know and most likely don't care or the shenanigans wouldn't continue.

I don't promote quitting the same day and leaving any company in a bind no matter how unprofessional they are. Give your two weeks notice for your own purposes. If they release you once you give your notice, then, that's another story.

Last edited by glastron_79; 07-22-2009 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM

853 posts, read 4,037,828 times
I am sure it is tempting to quit and tell them the things you have been holding back from saying for the last 7 months......however, I have learned that it is true that it is not a good idea to burn bridges, even bad bridges, as you just never know who will be where down the line......

So I would say to do what you need to do as far as keeping the job, quitting the job and/or finding a new job, but, I would not recommend telling them the things that are bothering you.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
Don't quit or else you don't get unemplyment. Just pickup a new hobby like crossdressing and show up to work in womens clothes and you'll surely be laid off, - then collect unemployment!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
I agree with previous posters. No responsible employer has that many employees quit within such a time short period and not realize that there are issues in the workplace. That being said - quit in whatever method satisfies you. I have both given notice and left with no notice. Honestly, the latter felt great under the right circumstances (one of the main ones being already having another job!).

Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Don't quit or else you don't get unemplyment. Just pickup a new hobby like crossdressing and show up to work in womens clothes and you'll surely be laid off, - then collect unemployment!
I thought you said that your crossdressing was discovered by someone following you around, not because you did so at work? Or am I mistaken?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 PM

256 posts, read 894,567 times
Write a letter. Put it on your bosses desk. Just say, "I appreciate the opportunity you gave me, but I do not see myself growing with the company any further. I can give you two weeks notice, but I honestly would be doing a disservice to you because the work environment here is no longer conducive to my ability to perform the job at 100%, which you and the company deserves. I will let you decide if my services will be needed beyond the end of the business day. If we have had no further communication by that time, then I'll will take that as your acceptance of my resignation effective immediately."

Old 07-23-2009, 05:27 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Don't burn your bridges. You never know who knows who, and it could come back to haunt you later.

Give a letter of resignation stating that you are leaving to persue other opportunities, along with your verbal two week notice. Do not mention the companies problems, as others have stated, they are well aware. If you have an exit interview, be prepared with some constructive criticism that is nto accusatory and in generic in nature. (ie I often felt frustrated because basic requests needed to go through multiple layers of management for approval.)

Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I agree. Unless it is unbearable, give them 2 weeks but hold back on 'whys.' Awful companies rarely care why you are leaving and you getting it off your chest is not worth it.
Go sit at your computer, type out why and rip it up!

Good luck in getting a new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment