Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,304,029 times

Advertisements

Synopsis,

I am sorry to hear things did not work out. Have you recently stopped making the mortgage...if so, stay in the home as long as you can. At least you will be able to live on the bare necessities while still looking for work. The home is only going to sit empty..you might as well stay until you HAVE to leave which could be a while.

I pray something will come through for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 05:12 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,042,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
TV & Sports Guy. You have no idea what I've been through. I wish you would have spent some time in my shoes as a member of the US Army trudging through mud, cold, rain, freezing snow, and such day and night for years carrying a backpack equal to your own weight. I AM NOT a quitter and never have been. I served my country for six years in grueling conditions that many would find near impossible. So take you're sick little comment and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I fought for your freedom while you were probably nice, cozy, and warm in your mother's womb.
It really sucks how the American Government can't/won't help a veteran who served his country when he's down and out.

Sorry to hear the job thing didn't work out.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:26 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,134,880 times
FWIW, banks are taking up to a year to foreclose. You could stay put until you receive a notice to vacate.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:27 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,117,719 times
Quote:
Thanks Gypsy and Dreamweavin...

The opportunity fell through, as most others have. In a couple of weeks we will be abandoning our home. My wife and daughter are in a rare circumstance where they are taken care of. I will be seeking a place to stay that will offer me the opportunity to still look for work. I can no longer pay the bills and expect something to "come along" after 8 months; it's just not likely to happen. It's better for me to spend my money on food and survival than to just keep spending it on electricity, gas/water bills, and the mortgage. We're down to white knuckle survival time.

TV & Sports Guy. You have no idea what I've been through. I wish you would have spent some time in my shoes as a member of the US Army trudging through mud, cold, rain, freezing snow, and such day and night for years carrying a backpack equal to your own weight. I AM NOT a quitter and never have been. I served my country for six years in grueling conditions that many would find near impossible. So take you're sick little comment and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I fought for your freedom while you were probably nice, cozy, and warm in your mother's womb.
My friend..........you have no idea how distraught I am for your situation. If I could reach right through the monitor and give you a huge hug--I would. IF I could offer monetary assistance, please know I would hand over any extra $$ I had. If I could do anything to help you I would and will. I can offer you a sofabed to sleep on here in Portland and plenty to eat.
There is NO excuse for anyone to go through this; but for it to be happening to one of our veterans is heartbreaking and makes me furious at our govt.
Yea, when I sleep at night, it's with the knowledge that men and women of our armed forces are protecting my country; so I don't have to worry about my freedom to live and sleep in peace being snatched away. For this and for you I am grateful and am honored to call you my friend.
I continue to feel that there is something just around the corner for you. Something better, albeit different.
I also know our government better be on the road to repairing this f****ing mess before people revolt. I'm sick and tired of $$$$$ being sent to feed people-yea kids included-in other countries. Money being sent to build homes and give free healthcare to other countries. I'm G**D*** tired of it. Time to take care of our own. Sorry .........I digress.......I'm just so pissed right now.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,330,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
My friend..........you have no idea how distraught I am for your situation. If I could reach right through the monitor and give you a huge hug--I would. IF I could offer monetary assistance, please know I would hand over any extra $$ I had. If I could do anything to help you I would and will. I can offer you a sofabed to sleep on here in Portland and plenty to eat.
There is NO excuse for anyone to go through this; but for it to be happening to one of our veterans is heartbreaking and makes me furious at our govt.
Yea, when I sleep at night, it's with the knowledge that men and women of our armed forces are protecting my country; so I don't have to worry about my freedom to live and sleep in peace being snatched away. For this and for you I am grateful and am honored to call you my friend.
I continue to feel that there is something just around the corner for you. Something better, albeit different.
I also know our government better be on the road to repairing this f****ing mess before people revolt. I'm sick and tired of $$$$$ being sent to feed people-yea kids included-in other countries. Money being sent to build homes and give free healthcare to other countries. I'm G**D*** tired of it. Time to take care of our own. Sorry .........I digress.......I'm just so pissed right now.
Here's another bed and all the meals you can eat in Portland. I thank you, sir, for you service and I share DreamWeavin's disgust at what the US has sunk to. All best wishes to you and your family.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:55 PM

968 posts, read 2,611,288 times
Synopsis, my heart tells you to "slow down" and try to mend one problem at a time. However, my mind tells you it makes sense to stop the bleeding in order to survive in the long term.

There are some financial safe guards you should still consider even when walking away. Check your DM.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,794,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Enough of your pollyanna advice to the OP, TV Guy....let's see where you are at 48...still without funds, alone, eating cereal watching re-runs?? You'd be negative sometime too if you had a WIFE and DAUGHTER to worry about, not just your own little self. I keep telling you that your little smiley advice doesn't apply to everyone.

Hope you got the job, Synopsis.
Well if he has a wife and daughter then he CAN"T GIVE UP. He needs to be man and fight to get back out there

Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,017,532 times
Well if he has a wife and daughter then he CAN"T GIVE UP. He needs to be man and fight to get back out there

Why you gotta be like that ?? Have some F'in decency. He's more of a man than you'll ever be.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Thanks Gypsy and Dreamweavin...

The opportunity fell through, as most others have. In a couple of weeks we will be abandoning our home. My wife and daughter are in a rare circumstance where they are taken care of. I will be seeking a place to stay that will offer me the opportunity to still look for work. I can no longer pay the bills and expect something to "come along" after 8 months; it's just not likely to happen. It's better for me to spend my money on food and survival than to just keep spending it on electricity, gas/water bills, and the mortgage. We're down to white knuckle survival time.

All I said was DON"T GIVE UP, what was wrong wit that? Keep Fighting

Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post

Why you gotta be like that ?? Have some F'in decency. He's more of a man than you'll ever be.

Telling someone to keep striving is a bad thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment