U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,401 posts, read 6,434,731 times
Reputation: 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You greatly misunderstand the job of a career service department. You keep resorting to personal insults, which says much more about you than anything else.

I also know you are not interested. You are someone with no personal experience with IT, and yet you continue to argue points about it. It is difficult for me to take you seriously. You are talking to someone who works in the field every day, who reads three trade magazines on a monthly basis and yet you, someone with only secondhand knowledge are convinced you are right? This depresses me.

So go ahead, claim my reading comprehension is poor yet again. It seems that is your answer to everything in this thread.
Once again, you are very wrong. It is funny how you crunchies of today, think you know it all, when in fact you couldn't be more wrong. LOL!!!

No, I am not in IT but I have a DH that is and has been for years and could make you run in circles. Kind of like you are doing now. LOL!

It is poor reading comprehension, of it wasn't you would see that this is about principle. Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,401 posts, read 6,434,731 times
Reputation: 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
No I'm not, but your posts have been reported.


ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
 
9,856 posts, read 7,587,914 times
Reputation: 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Once again, you are very wrong. It is funny how you crunchies of today, think you know it all, when in fact you couldn't be more wrong. LOL!!!

No, I am not in IT but I have a DH that is and has been for years and could make you run in circles. Kind of like you are doing now. LOL!

It is poor reading comprehension, of it wasn't you would see that this is about principle. Nothing more, nothing less.
I can see we will never see eye to eye on this issue. Let's just agree to disagree for now. I will consider what you have said, and I will ask you to do the same for me. With any luck we will both learn something from this discussion. After all, that is the most we can strive for, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,401 posts, read 6,434,731 times
Reputation: 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job - CNN.com

"It doesn't make any sense: They went to school for four years, and then they come out working at McDonald's and Payless. That's not what they planned."

No where in that article did she say she wouldn't work there or she was to good to work there.
What she is saying is in fact true...

Once again you are twisting words to fit your agenda. And you are mis-quoting someone, that is the wrong thing to do.

I don't know of anyone that plans or sets out to work in those places. Everyone has higher hopes than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
 
5,973 posts, read 3,431,153 times
Reputation: 1614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
No I'm not, but your posts have been reported.
Shutting people from a conversation because they do not share your point of view is what is wrong with todays society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,401 posts, read 6,434,731 times
Reputation: 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I can see we will never see eye to eye on this issue. Let's just agree to disagree for now. I will consider what you have said, and I will ask you to do the same for me. With any luck we will both learn something from this discussion. After all, that is the most we can strive for, isn't it?

Of course we disagree but I do hope that you will consider that this is not about someone wanting something for nothing. This is about principle and most of this country doesn't operate with that any longer. That is why we are in the mess we are in today.

That is what is behind this. This young girl will have to pay for her education, she will have to work and pay her dues but what is being done to her is being done to many. And at one time this type of thing was unacceptable in this country. And it still should be because obviously what has been going on the past few years isn't working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
 
23,559 posts, read 31,086,304 times
Reputation: 10604
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
It is sad that you find that a Business Administration graduate should have to do the job of a high school graduate and at the same time take a job away from a low skilled worker. But I understand your mentality as you live in Orlando Florida a city plagued by highly educated workers stuck in low wage jobs.
Actually the majority of highly educated workers with skills to match their education are making high five to mid-six figure salaries in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,578,056 times
Reputation: 1763
The fact remains, Trina's skills are not good enough to land her an IT job. The Monroe curriculum proves it. Nobody can wish it to be otherwise. The only thing that can possibly be done is for her to go back to college and get a REAL computer science or computer engineering degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
 
23,559 posts, read 31,086,304 times
Reputation: 10604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
you are incorrect....

her degree is in fact in information technology. Per the degree that is viewable on CNN. And it appears as though the degree is from the college.
Business Admin in IT...

argue that with them....
Read it again. She has a

Bachelor of Arts
Business Administration
in
Information Technology

That is a Business Administration degree with some I/T coursework. it is NOT an I/T degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Moon Over Palmettos
5,970 posts, read 12,097,709 times
Reputation: 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Shutting people from a conversation because they do not share your point of view is what is wrong with todays society.
Seems like you need to go back to my post. You can have a discussion without resorting to calling people stupid and dipstick. What I had asked for was some civility. Guess that's too much to ask. Additionally, I never even expressed an opinion/point of view on the subject so I have no clue where you got the impression that I don't share her point of view. Some people read posts so quickly and respond before understanding what they read. That's what's wrong with today's society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top